X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hemmings Classic Car - Stude Pace cars

Bob Palma is the Studebaker Guru...

Leonard Shepherd

I saw that, too. Nice little blurb. I didn't know they were lost. Someone's ID will probably be Pace Car Clone soon.

Comment

BTW, does that front bumper look crunched already?

Comment

That's probably an early Festival Car for publicity shots. Wing guards were installed and they sometimes looked "funny."

Hemmings General Editor Richard Lentinello gave us permission for Lenny to post that item from the September 2009 Hemmings Classic Car, so there are no copyright violations here. They asked that we mention the magazine by name as a publication of Hemmings Motor News.

Done, Richard. Thanks. BP
        We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by barnlark

I saw that, too. Nice little blurb. I didn't know they were lost. Someone's ID will probably be Pace Car Clone soon.
          Additional info in this previous thread by BP:

Craig

Comment

I've seen that Bob Palma fellow's writings in Turning Wheels, Collectible Automobile, and Hemmings Classic Car (a publication of Hemmings Motor News). He's everywhere, talking up those darn Studebakers... I must say that I do appreciate your hard work and dedication to the Studebaker world, Mr. Palma... You are a true wealth of knowledge!

LH
            Whirling dervish of misinformation.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Lark Hunter

I've seen that Bob Palma fellow's writings in Turning Wheels, Collectible Automobile, and Hemmings Classic Car (a publication of Hemmings Motor News). He's everywhere, talking up those darn Studebakers... I must say that I do appreciate your hard work and dedication to the Studebaker world, Mr. Palma... You are a true wealth of knowledge!

LH
              Thanks, T.A. By chance, you don't know of anyone out there in dry Arizona sitting on a factory Astra White 1964 Daytona Wagonaire they'd like to sell, do you? I'm still looking for that car to complete my set of four Astra White 1964 Daytona models. Thanks. BP
              We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

So Bob do you have pic's of the other three? I wanna see em, i'm sure others would like to see em too, finished or not. Also would that be a Cruiser, Hard Top, and Convertible.

101st Airborne Div. 326 Engineers Ft Campbell Ky.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by clonelark

So Bob do you have pic's of the other three? I wanna see em, i'm sure others would like to see em too, finished or not. Also would that be a Cruiser, Hard Top, and Convertible.

Here ya' go, Bob:

(BTW, The 1964 Cruiser is a stand-alone 1964 model, not part of the Daytona series. 1964 Cruisers are model 64V-Y9. 1964 Daytona 4-door sedans are model 64V-Y8.) BP

Comment

Thanks for that old thread link, BP. In that spider shot, what was the soda pop bottle for on the antenna when Leonard had it? Is that the spider's condo? You really need a solid Daytona Wagonaire to finally finish that group picture. Thought you had it done last spring.

Comment

Working...
                    X