Bought an R1 GT- or not

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bought an R1 GT- or not

I bought what appears to be a 64 GT, R1/Powershift Hawk while at CeRap. Appears to be a straight, clean car, CA car it's whole life. Runs, drives, and stops.

Plans are to get it from CA to NY, tinker with it, clean it up, drive it a little, and sell it- AKA doing a JDP That or have Sal get it and prep for eBay; still deciding.

Times dictate that I can't spend any significant money on any keepers just now; so this will be a decent alternative (I hope!) If you're looking for one of these, keep it in mind...

Here's a couple teaser pics:

Robert (Bob) Andrews- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys)
    Parish, central NY 13131

AC car? What price range do you expect?

Jim

____1966 Avanti II RQA 0088_______________1963 Avanti R2 63R3152____________Rabid Snail Racing
    Jim
    Often in error, never in doubt
    http://rabidsnailracing.blogspot.com/

____1966 Avanti II RQA 0088_______________1963 Avanti R2 63R3152____________http://rabidsnailracing.blogspot.com/

Comment

Nice looking car!

Comment

No A/C, Jim. P/S, P/B, full gauges including tach, though. Will post VIN and engine #s tomorrow when I get them.

Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

clean lookin car.

clayton-rip chicken hawk!

Comment

Maybe you need a driver to bring it east for you And further evaluate it's condition. A driver who might become a buyer?

Jim

____1966 Avanti II RQA 0088_______________1963 Avanti R2 63R3152____________Rabid Snail Racing
            Jim
            Often in error, never in doubt
            http://rabidsnailracing.blogspot.com/

____1966 Avanti II RQA 0088_______________1963 Avanti R2 63R3152____________http://rabidsnailracing.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by cool 1953

clean lookin car.

Clayton, you should buy this car and get rid of the rust bucket Bob says that you have now. This looks like a great car and can be used for another show and tell at school! Close to you, too.

Comment

If only it had the steering wheel on the correct side I'd take it off your hands

Looks like a good buy.

Matt
                Brisbane
                Australia
                Matt
                Brisbane
                Australia
                sigpic

Visit my Blog: http://www.mattsoilyrag.blogspot.com.au/

Comment

quote:Originally posted by jlmccuan

Maybe you need a driver to bring it east for you And further evaluate it's condition. A driver who might become a buyer?
                  Jim, it's not ready for a trip yet; been sitting in storage for a long time. He just put a new master cylinder in but said the brakes "still need work"... Owner is a checkbook restorer who is already in over his head with two other cars in the process, which is why he let this one go.

I'll keep you posted on what develops. I can't keep it but hopefully I can get to drive it a little

Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

What price range do you expect?
                    To be determined. When I know more about the car I'll be able to answer. The goal is to sell well under market, and I think that will be the case. I'll let you know when I figure that out.

Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

It looks pretty nice from here. Usually, by looking at the interior, you can get an idea about how it was cared for. This looks good.
                      Rog

'59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
                      Smithtown,NY
                      '59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
                      Smithtown,NY
                      Recording Secretary, Long Island Studebaker Club

Comment

Barnlark.ha ha...that would be a great idea..hmmm have any ideas on how i could convince him to buy it?? ha ha..clayton

clayton-rip chicken hawk!

Comment

quote:Originally posted by bams50

What price range do you expect?
                          To be determined. When I know more about the car I'll be able to answer. The goal is to sell well under market, and I think that will be the case. I'll let you know when I figure that out.

Parish, central NY 13131

Selling a R1 GT well under market should be easy, I just did.

JDP/Maryland
                          JDP Maryland

Comment

OK, it's not an R1 engine. Number is PH514- 64 289, correct? Still wondering if it's an R1 car with an engine swap. Seller's going to call back with the VIN.

There's another possible problem: He read the VIN off the title as 64V-1527. That sounds like it's off the body tag under the hood, not the VIN. He's double-checking it. If that's the case, is it a problem? I would think so- but then maybe it's accepted practice. If not, seems like a deal-breaker to me... Any guidance on that would be much appreciated!

Seller said it was 114 degrees there an hour ago, and when it cooled off a little he'd check the VIN and call back; I'll post it as soon as he does so.

Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

quote:Originally posted by bams50

OK, it's not an R1 engine. Number is PH514- 64 289, correct? Still wondering if it's an R1 car with an engine swap. Seller's going to call back with the VIN.

There's another possible problem: He read the VIN off the title as 64V-1527. That sounds like it's off the body tag under the hood, not the VIN. He's double-checking it. If that's the case, is it a problem? I would think so- but then maybe it's accepted practice. If not, seems like a deal-breaker to me... Any guidance on that would be much appreciated!

Seller said it was 114 degrees there an hour ago, and when it cooled off a little he'd check the VIN and call back; I'll post it as soon as he does so.

Parish, central NY 13131

Serial sounds correct, but not a Avanti powered car.

JDP/Maryland
                              JDP Maryland

Comment

Working...
                              X