PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Know This Avanti in NY?

herbpcpa
07-19-2009, 04:57 PM
I should have asked this question days ago but I was hoping I would find an R2 Avanti I could see before I committed to purchase it. I saw two for sale in Cedar Rapids but neither excited me, one was white (not my color) and one needed work and seemed over priced at "about" $16,500.
Does anyone know this Avanti for sale on ebay and perhaps even more important, know the sellers?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220449940782&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT

Maybe bidding will not meet reserve and it will still be for sale tomorrow.
Herb Price Burlington IA

Thomas63R2
07-19-2009, 05:52 PM
Herb, this looks to be a fine Avanti - have you called the seller? Their description and photos do not appear to be overselling the car. Nothing is for certain on any 45 year old car, but that one seems to have been loved and fussed over.

Thomas

P.S. As always, check to see how the BBB rates the business.

Long time hot rodder
Packrat junk collector
'63 Avanti R2 4 speed

bige
07-19-2009, 06:23 PM
Interior is nice but the seats are not covered in 63/64 style but more like early Avanti II. You can see in one picture where the roof to side glass seal needs to be replaced. You would want to get pictures of the underbody supports.

Looks like a pressure regulator by the gas filter it might have an electric fuel pump.

Good looking car, though. Good thing the guy that destroyed...errr customized the red Corvette coupe didn't get his hands on it.

ErnieR

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r241/AvantiR2/track.jpg
On its way to a 15.097 Island Dragway Great Meadows NJ Spring 2006.

herbpcpa
07-19-2009, 07:24 PM
I looked for this Avanti's VIN in the AOAI roster and did not find it.

StudeRich
07-19-2009, 07:55 PM
It looks like a very nice rare, late '64, with re-padded and re-covered seats, the whole car appears to be 95% correct and very nice, that plus a Classic and Performance Car DEALER = very high reserve! ;)

StudeRich

studegary
07-19-2009, 08:20 PM
$17,099 did not meet reserve!

Gary L.
Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Thomas63R2
07-19-2009, 09:14 PM
Herb, just because there are stickers on the window does not mean it should be listed in the current roster. Bob Johnstone has already added it to his database. Just call the seller and ask what he wants. If it is wildly beyond what you want to spend, then thank him for his time.

Thomas

Long time hot rodder
Packrat junk collector
'63 Avanti R2 4 speed