Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many prod/services still use the Stude name?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many prod/services still use the Stude name?

This product was used at our church the other day to dry out carpeting when a water line burst. ("record breaking drying times")
    The Studebaker name is printed right on the product label.

Tiny, custom domain, branded, url shortener, edit URL redirect, tinylink

What other products and/or services currently use the Studebaker name? (other than Avanti)
    Isn't there a financial holding/services company?

[img=left]http://farm1.static.flickr.com/158/360197307_8639ee4a46_m.jpg[/img=left]
    ~Nitram~
    57 Transtar

I know there is a Studebaker Electric in Ohio. It was founded in 1953 by Carrol Studebaker. www.studebakerelectric.com
    "Madness...is the exception in individuals, but the rule in groups" - Nietzsche.

Comment

Apparently it is just a model name of a "Dri-Eaz" product line.
      Never heard of that one.

The distributor you linked to also sells Clarke and Avanti equipment!

I wonder if they stole the name from an old Clarke floor sweeper nameplate from when they were owned by Studebaker Corp.?

I think the only actual operating, legitimate Corp. solely using the name AND a left-over from the Original Corp. is Studebaker Worthington Leasing: http://www.studebaker.com/

StudeRich
      StudeRich
      Second Generation Stude Driver,
      Proud '54 Starliner Owner
      SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Nitram

This product was used at our church the other day to dry out carpeting when a water line burst. ("record breaking drying times")
        The Studebaker name is printed right on the product label.

Tiny, custom domain, branded, url shortener, edit URL redirect, tinylink

What other products and/or services currently use the Studebaker name? (other than Avanti)
        Isn't there a financial holding/services company?

[img=left]http://farm1.static.flickr.com/158/360197307_8639ee4a46_m.jpg[/img=left]
        ~Nitram~
        57 Transtar
        Jeepers. That Stude only has 1 horsepower. Bet it's sslooooowww! LH
        Whirling dervish of misinformation.

Comment

go to a motorcycle shop, there is a Studebaker motor accessory line that even uses the old logo.

John

63' R1 Wagonaire

63' 8E45 Detroit

53' 2R5 R1 Powershift TT Under Construction

57' Transtar 304 NP540 4:09 TT Under Construction (in Picture)

58' 3E6D Stock Sale Pending

61' 6E7 122 Factory Auto

John

62' Deluxe R2 4SPD.

63' R1 Wagonaire

57' Transtar 259 punched to 312 NP540 4:09 TT Under Construction

58' 3E6D Stock 4X4

64' (Studebaker Built) Trailer Toter

Comment

WalMart was selling little transistor radios and AM/FM/CD/Cassette mini boom boxes in a '50's styling not that long ago with the Studebaker name on them. Lettering was in a semi-script style. I got one of each.

Doug

6E40-195 1963 Canadian Lark VY-6

Chatsworth, Ontario, Canada
            1963 Canadian Lark VY-6 4E2-122 Deluxe Scotsman

Bognor, Ontario, Canada

Comment

[quote]Originally posted by s2d63lark

WalMart was selling little transistor radios and AM/FM/CD/Cassette mini boom boxes in a '50's styling not that long ago with the Studebaker name on them. Lettering was in a semi-script style. I got one of each.
              Doug
              Does nobody hold the rights to the Studebaker name? Is it available for anyone to use?
              So far there is a blower/dryer, a line of motorcycle parts, and transistor radios that have used the name.

Comment

Used to be a van conversion co. that used the name. jimmijim
                sigpicAnything worth doing deserves your best shot. Do it right the first time. When you're done you will know it. { I'm just the guy who thinks he knows everything, my buddy is the guy who knows everything.} cheers jimmijim*****SDC***** member

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Nitram
                  Does nobody hold the rights to the Studebaker name? Is it available for anyone to use?
                  So far there is a blower/dryer, a line of motorcycle parts, and transistor radios that have used the name.
                  No one owns the rights to use the name Studebaker. The sucessors to the Studebaker Corporation chose not to maintain Studebaker's trademarks. SDC has registered as trademarks the SDC logo, the name Turning Wheels, and several other portrayals of the words.

Given the number of companies and organizations that are using the name, there is no likelihood that the US Patent and Trademark Office would allow the exclusive use of the word "Studebaker". One could, however, register a particular portrayal or representation of the word. As an example, Avanti Motors still presumably owns the rights to the portrayal of the word Avanti with the arrow, dot over the i, etc. -- but the word itself is in use on other products.

Larry Swanson is the SDC trademark administrator.

Skip Lackie
                  Washington DC
                  Skip Lackie

Comment

Kind of hard to limit the word "Avanti" after all its Italian for forward. There are lots of Studebaker model names that ended up at other car makers ...

Transtar (International)
                    Daytona, Challenger (Dodge)
                    Hawk, Lark (Buick's Skyhawk and Skylark)

Anyone know of other ones ....

<div align="left">John</div id="left">

<div align="left">'63 Avanti, R1, Auto, AC, PW (unrestored)</div id="left">
                    sigpic
                    John
                    63R-2386
                    Resto-Mod by Michael Myer

Comment

To my knowledge, Mike Kelly's Avanti Motor Corp ownes the name Studebaker when applied to a motor vehicle.

Richard

Comment

John</div id="left">

<div align="left">'63 Avanti, R1, Auto, AC, PW (unrestored)</div id="left">
                        sigpic
                        John
                        63R-2386
                        Resto-Mod by Michael Myer

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Retired

To my knowledge, Mike Kelly's Avanti Motor Corp ownes the name Studebaker when applied to a motor vehicle.

Richard
                          No he doesn't, what he did was clever, as usual. He named one of his models (the SUV) Studebaker. He used it as a model name. The company that sells the radios and record players has legitimate use of the tradename Studebaker when applied to radios and audio products. There is a Studebaker Motor Company that has not produced anything in 5 plus years. Studebaker-Packard is not protected either, but the name Packard and it's logos are actually owned by two different people/companies. If yo want to print anything that uses the Packard script or the Packard crest you do need permission.

The Kelly Avanti logo is trademarked by him as he actually made changes to the word. The changes are subtle, but enough to allow a trademark.

Non of the actual Studebaker logos and names, service marks or trademarks are owned by anyone, or any entity. There is no intellectual property that is owned by anyone or any entity. That includes car designs, photos, drawings, or logos.

Comment

I have seen around here a greeting card company that uses funny photos (animals, old people) That is called Avanti. That is the only one I can think of off the top of my head.

1963 Lark, 259 V8, two-tone paint, Twin Traction. Driven often, always noticed!

Comment

Working...
                            X