wanting to trade my poncho for a old stude truck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wanting to trade my poncho for a old stude truck

Well it's been a while since I was last on and my stude project continues to take on new shapes. I have decided that until I have all the desired pieces to complete my '40 stude hot rod build, I am going to make the stude into a gasser for awhile and have some low-brow fun with it.

Problem is that with a non street-legal car, ya got to tow it. I have my regular silverado, but thought that it would be pretty cool to tow it with another classic.

I can hardly imagine the novelty of pulling into an event with a Studebaker gasser being towed by a studebaker truck. I think that would be pretty neat.

So I have this 1961 Pontiac that I have been using as my daily driver classic. I'd like to see if anybody would have any interest in trading me a pre-1959 studebaker truck for my poncho. The poncho is a great daily driver.

Here's a link to details on the pontiac:

In any event, I thought I'd give it a try and see.

If you have something that you'd be interested in trading please email me at: hotrodderguy@yahoo.com

Thanks, I appreciate it.

Looking for 1939-1940 Commander coupe running boards.

That's a nice-looking Panny-whack. Lookin' at it took me back a few decades.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
    1963 Cruiser
    1960 Larkvertible V8
    1958 Provincial wagon
    1953 Commander coupe
    1957 President two door

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

If it were a 2 door I might think about it I have a 1953 "C" cab short bed with very little rust and powered by a 1953 Dodge Red Ram Hemi and 3 speed, bed is off right not but is a nice truck...Bob

Bob Peterson / C & B Studebakers

Castro Valley, CA

Candbstudebakers
      Castro Valley,
      California

Comment

still lookin' for a truck. If you have a '38-42 coupe project vehicle, I'd take a look at that too.

I'll also look at other makes: Chevy 1940-1957, Ford 1940-1956, Internationals, etc....

Comment

still lookin' for a truck. If you have a '38-42 coupe project vehicle, I'd take a look at that too.

I'll also look at other makes: Chevy 1940-1957, Ford 1940-1956, Internationals, etc....

Comment

Does the car have factory air or did it. I like it. jimmijim

Stude Junkie+++++++Do it right the f$$$$ Time. Never mind. Just do it right. When youre done your done. You'll know it.
            sigpicAnything worth doing deserves your best shot. Do it right the first time. When you're done you will know it. { I'm just the guy who thinks he knows everything, my buddy is the guy who knows everything.} cheers jimmijim*****SDC***** member

Comment

quote:Originally posted by jimmijim8

Does the car have factory air or did it. I like it. jimmijim

Stude Junkie+++++++Do it right the f$$$$ Time. Never mind. Just do it right. When youre done your done. You'll know it.
              Yes it had factory air. I have all the brackets, condensor, heat exchanger, and everything except for the compressor and hoses. Should not be too hard to get the AC back into service.

Car is extremely original, aside from the engine color and alternator conversion (however I still have the generator if you wanted to swap back).

If you are interested in the pontiac, please contact me at hotrodderguy@yahoo.com I check my email more frequently than I check the stude forum. Thanks.

Comment

still looking to trade or sell my pontiac for a truck.....

At this point, I'll even look at non-stude stuff.

New link:

Comment

Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

Lets make this a bit easier, instead of a Link to a Link to show what your selling.

Some of your pictures in your album must be at different stages of your ownership???? Hubcaps in some pics and not in others.

You may want to state or show the car in it's most recent: as of today state.

I've seen pictures of a car that were taken 5 years before the time of a persons advertisement, then...
                  arrive to look at the vehicle and it looked nothing like depicted.

Not saying your vehicle is as I describe.

Just hoping you put your best foot forward in showcasing/trading, as you search for a Studebaker.

ChopStu

142 weeks till completion.
                  61 Lark

sigpic

Comment

The first two pictures you posted are current. The skinny whites were bias ply and dry-rotted. The stock wheels they are mounted to are 14". The ones currently on the car were a second set of 15" wheels with radials that were in good condition. But the hubcaps won't fit 15" wheels. Buyer/trader gets both sets. Only thing that is really different between pics is the wheels. I also sanded the roof down and shot some new white paint on it.

I have have owned the car since last april.... so none of the pictures are older than 5mo.

Comment

Working...
                    X