This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• change out seat in 53 truck

I have a 53 study c-cab truck. I would like to take out the bench seat and install bucket seats. Anybody know what kind of vehicle I could get bucket seats from?

I know of one that has S-10 Blazer seats. But how he installed them I don't know. He is a short guy. So he seemed to have plenty of room. I'm over 6 ft. and I don't think I would have room in my 49. I'm using a bench seat out of a Small Dodge Dakota in mine. With shoulder type seat belts.

Comment

I know of one that has S-10 Blazer seats. But how he installed them I don't know. He is a short guy. So he seemed to have plenty of room. I'm over 6 ft. and I don't think I would have room in my 49. I'm using a bench seat out of a Small Dodge Dakota in mine. With shoulder type seat belts.

Comment

I'm betting there are a lot of bucket seats that could fit in your truck. One good suggestion I heard before is to get a couple of seats from a convertible, such as a Chrysler Sebring. The reason that's a good way to go is that you will have shoulder belts that are built into the seat back.

[img=left]http://rocketdillo.com/studebaker/misc/images/Avacar-hcsdc.gif[/img=left]DilloCrafter

1955 1/2 Ton Pickup
        The Red-Headed Amazon
        Deep in the heart of Texas

Paul Simpson
        "DilloCrafter"

1955 1/2 Ton Pickup
        The Red-Headed Amazon

Comment

I'm betting there are a lot of bucket seats that could fit in your truck. One good suggestion I heard before is to get a couple of seats from a convertible, such as a Chrysler Sebring. The reason that's a good way to go is that you will have shoulder belts that are built into the seat back.

[img=left]http://rocketdillo.com/studebaker/misc/images/Avacar-hcsdc.gif[/img=left]DilloCrafter

1955 1/2 Ton Pickup
          The Red-Headed Amazon

Paul Simpson
          "DilloCrafter"

1955 1/2 Ton Pickup
          The Red-Headed Amazon

Comment

And, Dave, they look sooooo good too!
            Joe Roberts
            Joe Roberts
            '61 R1 Champ
            '65 Cruiser
            Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

And, Dave, they look sooooo good too!
              Joe Roberts
              Joe Roberts
              '61 R1 Champ
              '65 Cruiser
              Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

I am getting Sebring conv. seats installed in my 62 Champ tomorrow. It is a little tight but no tighter than the bench seat. If I can get a floor shift worked out for my automatic I will put in a tilt wheel and that should give me more room.

Comment

I am getting Sebring conv. seats installed in my 62 Champ tomorrow. It is a little tight but no tighter than the bench seat. If I can get a floor shift worked out for my automatic I will put in a tilt wheel and that should give me more room.

Comment

Thanks guys. I was also told that seats out of a Cavalier would work.

Comment

Thanks guys. I was also told that seats out of a Cavalier would work.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by buckeye

I have owned two modified '59 pickups. They both have automatic and tilt wheel. One has the shift selector on the column with bench seat and the other uses a floor selector with bucket seats.

Gary L.
                        Wappinger, NY

1959 DeLuxe pickup (restomod)
                        Gary L.
                        Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                        Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

quote:Originally posted by buckeye

I have owned two modified '59 pickups. They both have automatic and tilt wheel. One has the shift selector on the column with bench seat and the other uses a floor selector with bucket seats.

Gary L.
                          Wappinger, NY

1959 DeLuxe pickup (restomod)
                          Gary L.
                          Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                          Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Working...
                          X