Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Decent 64 1/2 ton T Cab $1200 289 4 spd.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Decent 64 1/2 ton T Cab $1200 289 4 spd.

Truck is on e-bay buy it now $1200.00 Item 300330212515 jimmijim
    sigpicAnything worth doing deserves your best shot. Do it right the first time. When you're done you will know it. { I'm just the guy who thinks he knows everything, my buddy is the guy who knows everything.} cheers jimmijim*****SDC***** member

Hey Jim, thanks for calling attention to that truck. I would love to tackle a project like that. However, if you will look at the front fender, that rust bubbling up all the way to the top of the cowl could signal some serious structural cancer. My experience has been that upon removal, the fenders with that much bubbling paint could be hiding a host of tinworm infestation even into the pillars, not to mention what may be lurking under the floor mat. That being said, if I could examine the truck in person, I would be tempted to risk some serious behind closed door flak from my lovely wife about priorities. (You know... stuff like the need for a new washer/dryer, carpet, painting, and other such trivia!)

John Clary
    Greer, SC

Life... is what happens as you are making plans.
    SDC member since 1975
    John Clary
    Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

For the price I don't think a person could do wrong if they are looking for a T cab project. Complete and probably unmolested. I saw the rust issues. jimmijim
      sigpicAnything worth doing deserves your best shot. Do it right the first time. When you're done you will know it. { I'm just the guy who thinks he knows everything, my buddy is the guy who knows everything.} cheers jimmijim*****SDC***** member

Comment

I looked at that too... Immediately went to Mapquest to check the distance from here (CeRap) to there- 524 miles[xx(] Little too much of a "side trip"... had it been maybe 300 miles I'd have hit the BIN

You have to consider the location; being from there it's probably really solid underneath! I'd take a chance on it, if it was closer. Good buy for somebody- what's the spare 289 alone worth?? I'd be surprised if it lasts the day!

Robert (Bob) Andrews- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys)
        Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

Me too. I posted so that a forum member could grab it. jimmijim

Comment

So...if I buy it...can I tell my wife it is "Your Fault?"
            John Clary
            Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

I put a bid in, but I'm not real serious. Somebody please outbid me.

Jim

____1966 Avanti II RQA 0088_______________1963 Avanti R2 63R3152____________Rabid Snail Racing
              Jim
              Often in error, never in doubt
              http://rabidsnailracing.blogspot.com/

____1966 Avanti II RQA 0088_______________1963 Avanti R2 63R3152____________http://rabidsnailracing.blogspot.com/

Comment

I looked at the pictures and the price seems right IF the seller really knows what solid is. I would like lots more pictures and maybe a phone call to the owner before I would bid.

1952 Champion Starlight, 1962 Daytona, both w/overdrive.Searcy,Arkansas
                "I may be lazy, but I'm not shiftless."
                "In the heart of Arkansas."
                Searcy, Arkansas
                1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
                1952 2R pickup

Comment

I cant find it. Has it been sold already?

60 Lark convertible
                  61 Champ
                  62 Daytona convertible
                  63 G.T. R-2,4 speed
                  63 Avanti (2)
                  66 Daytona Sport Sedan

Nevermind, I found it. Looks like a decent buy to me, especially with a spare engine that said to have run too.
                  59 Lark wagon, now V-8, H.D. auto!
                  60 Lark convertible V-8 auto
                  61 Champ 1/2 ton 4 speed
                  62 Champ 3/4 ton 5 speed o/drive
                  62 Champ 3/4 ton auto
                  62 Daytona convertible V-8 4 speed & 62 Cruiser, auto.
                  63 G.T. Hawk R-2,4 speed
                  63 Avanti (2) R-1 auto
                  64 Zip Van
                  66 Daytona Sport Sedan(327)V-8 4 speed
                  66 Cruiser V-8 auto

Comment

Here it is

John

63' R1 Wagonaire

63' 8E45 Detroit

53' 2R5 R1 Powershift TT Under Construction

57' Transtar 304 NP540 4:09 TT Under Construction (in Picture)

58' 3E6D Stock Sale Pending

61' 6E7 122 Factory Auto

John

62' Deluxe R2 4SPD.

63' R1 Wagonaire

57' Transtar 259 punched to 312 NP540 4:09 TT Under Construction

58' 3E6D Stock 4X4

64' (Studebaker Built) Trailer Toter

Comment

This auction ia a perfect example of a seller who's too cheap to post adequate photographs. The one shot we get of the front and driver's side is so dark as to be almost useless same with the interior. Nothing of the rear, and the shell looks to be too large.[B)] I wouldn't give him over five or six hundred on a good day. I mean, yes it runs, but that's it's only virtue. It's made it through inspection, so it seems the brakes at least work. Add to that, it's had at least three farmyard paint jobs.[xx(] On the other hand, the truck could be a jewel! If it is, the seller isn't doing himself any favours by being cheap on the pictures![V]

Pity of the whole thing is that this is a '64. The year that the Champ (finally) got upgraded with decent brakes, among other things. I sure wish I lived closer.[B)]

Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
                      K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
                      Ron Smith
                      Where the heck is Lewiston, CA?
                      Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
                      K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
                      Ron Smith
                      Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

quote:Originally posted by jlmccuan

I put a bid in, but I'm not real serious. Somebody please outbid me.

Jim

____1966 Avanti II RQA 0088_______________1963 Avanti R2 63R3152____________Rabid Snail Racing
                        If you win it...just give me a call...perhaps I can rescue you if you don't pay too much.

John Clary
                        Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975
                        John Clary
                        Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

I just put in a token bid which has already been outbid. I may crunch some numbers this afternoon and pop it, if I can figure out the transport. Anybody in OK with a trailer want a weekend in beautiful Southern Illinois? All expenses paid!

Jim

Jim

____1966 Avanti II RQA 0088_______________1963 Avanti R2 63R3152____________http://rabidsnailracing.blogspot.com/

Comment

Getting more serious now the I think about it. I have the trailer, but my tow vehicle is down. Anybody up for a run to KS and back?

Jim

Jim

Comment

[]Hey Jim, Just call U-Haul, rent a truck and go get it. Just do it. It is only money.

John Clary
                              Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975
                              John Clary
                              Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Working...
                              X