Lionel Stone Accident - Sad News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lionel Stone Accident - Sad News

Lionel & Elaine Stone were involved yesterday in an accident on their way to Cedar Rapids. Elaine was killed in the accident and Lionel is at the University of Oklahoma Medical Center in Oklahoma City. I spoke with their son-in-law who told me that the accident occurred at Geary, Oklahoma, and that the vehicle has been taken to El Reno. He is concerned that some of Lionel's parts might have been scattered and asked if any members are in the area that perhaps they could help by securing the parts. His name is David Friedman and his number is 360 752-5757. I don't have any other information concerning Lionel's condition or the accident.

Ed Reynolds

1949 Studebaker 2R5 half ton pickup...

Comment

Our prayers & condolences go out to Lionel. Hearing he is in critical condition only adds to the grief of our brotherhood. Didnt he also have a severe medical condition a few years ago? I seem to remember he suffered a stroke.

60 Lark convertible
      61 Champ
      62 Daytona convertible
      63 G.T. R-2,4 speed
      63 Avanti (2)
      66 Daytona Sport Sedan
      59 Lark wagon, now V-8, H.D. auto!
      60 Lark convertible V-8 auto
      61 Champ 1/2 ton 4 speed
      62 Champ 3/4 ton 5 speed o/drive
      62 Champ 3/4 ton auto
      62 Daytona convertible V-8 4 speed & 62 Cruiser, auto.
      63 G.T. Hawk R-2,4 speed
      63 Avanti (2) R-1 auto
      64 Zip Van
      66 Daytona Sport Sedan(327)V-8 4 speed
      66 Cruiser V-8 auto

Comment

So very sad. I hope he has a quick recovery.What a shame.

Comment

Very sad news, indeed. Thoughts and prayers to Lionel and his family. I just spoke to him last week about bringing parts to Cedar Rapids. I've met them both in Sherman Oaks at his shop. Warren, I'm pretty sure his previous head injury was as a result of a bad fall from a ladder. We've had some pretty critical accidents this month involving life long SDC members. Best of luck to Lionel's recovery. I hope someone can help with the accident scene for his son-in-law.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by barnlark

Very sad news, indeed. Thoughts and prayers to Lionel and his family. I just spoke to him last week about bringing parts to Cedar Rapids. I've met them both in Sherman Oaks at his shop. Warren, I'm pretty sure his previous head injury was as a result of a bad fall from a ladder. We've had some pretty critical accidents this month involving life long SDC members. Best of luck to Lionel's recovery. I hope someone can help with the accident scene for his son-in-law.
            What terrible news. Prayers and thoughts for the family go out from the entire Studebaker 'family', I'm sure.

Bill Pressler
            Kent, OH
            '63 Lark Daytona Skytop R1
            '64 Daytona Hardtop
            Bill Pressler
            Kent, OH
            (formerly Greenville, PA)
            Currently owned: 1966 Cruiser, Timberline Turquoise, 26K miles
            Formerly owned: 1963 Lark Daytona Skytop R1, Ermine White
            1964 Daytona Hardtop, Strato Blue
            1966 Daytona Sports Sedan, Niagara Blue Mist
            All are in Australia now

Comment

I am very saddened to hear this. Condolonces to Lionel and family. Praying for a complete recovery for Lionel. jimmijim
              sigpicAnything worth doing deserves your best shot. Do it right the first time. When you're done you will know it. { I'm just the guy who thinks he knows everything, my buddy is the guy who knows everything.} cheers jimmijim*****SDC***** member

Comment

Lionel and Elaine are long time friends. Wonderful people. We are praying for a full and speedy recovery for Lionel.

studedick from the lower Ozarks

Comment

Ugh! We didn't need this. Condolences to Lionel and his family - condolences to the Studebaker community.[V]

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                  1963 Cruiser
                  1960 Larkvertible V8
                  1958 Provincial wagon
                  1953 Commander coupe
                  1957 President two door

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Our thoughts to the family and Lionel. I picture Lionel and Elaine sitting at their booth at many meets. We had breakfast with them a few meets ago and had a great conversation with them.

Perry
                    '23 Special Six,
                    '50 Business Champ,
                    '50 Starlight Champ,
                    '60 Lark droptop,
                    '63 GT R1
                    Perry
                    \'50 Business Champion
                    \'50 Starlight Champion
                    \'60 Lark Convertible,
                    \'63 GT R1,
                    \'67 Triumph TR4A

Comment

Heart breaking news. Lionel and Elaine are 30+ year members of our Chapter. Lionel is known world wide as a parts vendor and antique Studebaker supporter. Elaine was always a pleasure to talk with. This tragedy will be touch the entire Studebaker family. Prayers to the Stone family for their Loss.

Comment

Lionel has been a longtime vendor for as long as I can remember and my dealings with him have always been great. With all the travel and logistics involved with our bigger meets and especially the national...you always know the statistical probability for misfortune exists but we hope for the best. I urge any member within reasonable distance of the accident assist in securing his property as needed.
                        My prayers go out to Lionel and his family as they deal with this tragedy.
                        John Clary
                        Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Wow!!! What a tragic thing. We normally come that same route but came North thru Nebraska this time. I hape he will be ok.
                          Denny L

Comment

My condolences to the Stone family and best wishes for Lionel's speedy recovery.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                            Tom - Mulberry, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2125.60)

1964 Studebaker Commander 170-1V, 3-speed w/OD (Cost to Date: $623.67)

Tom - Bradenton, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2514.10)
                            1964 Studebaker Commander - 170 1V, 3-Speed w/OD

Comment

What can I say, but that it's terrible news? My condolences to the family. And may Lionel recover from his injuries as quickly as possible.

Gord Richmond, within Weasel range of the Alberta Badlands
                              Gord Richmond, within Weasel range of the Alberta Badlands

Comment

Working...
                              X