Thursdays Eye Candy 7/9

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thursdays Eye Candy 7/9

That engine sure looks to sit awful high, even the valve covers are fender high.

101st Airborne Div. 326 Engineers Ft Campbell Ky.

Comment

Similar Thames next to my Studebaker at a car show.

Leonard Shepherd

Comment

A blower like that sure catches people's attention. It especially attracts people with blue lights on their cars.

1952 Champion Starlight, 1962 Daytona, both w/overdrive.Searcy,Arkansas
        "I may be lazy, but I'm not shiftless."
        "In the heart of Arkansas."
        Searcy, Arkansas
        1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
        1952 2R pickup

Comment

YEah, and even if you outran them (which you probably could)...your description would be unmistakable for future arrests!

"what kind of car was it?"

"A bullet nose studebaker with a blower the size or Rhode Island"

"Hmm...I'll bet there can't be more than three of those...in the world. We'll keep an eye out."

1963 Lark, 259 V8, two-tone paint, Twin Traction. Driven often, always noticed!

Comment

quote:Originally posted by tutone63

"Hmm...I'll bet there can't be more than three of those...in the world. We'll keep an eye out."
            "Santa, I want a bullet nosed Studebaker with a big blower on it for Christmas."

"You'll poke your eye out, kid."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            Tom - Mulberry, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2125.60)

1964 Studebaker Commander 170-1V, 3-speed w/OD (Cost to Date: $623.67)

Tom - Bradenton, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2514.10)
            1964 Studebaker Commander - 170 1V, 3-Speed w/OD

Comment

quote:Originally posted by ChampTrucking

Yeah tho i drive through the valley of coppers "i will fear no street racers" i want it i want it i want it. Think what you could do to those garbage drive in speakers at MickyDs with a little throttle blip.

Comment

Was that shot taken at Indy? I think I know the owner of those two rods next to it.
                If so~ he's got a SceniCruiser bus as a tow rig!!!!

StudeDave '57 [8D]
                StudeDave '57
                US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
                SDC Member since 1985

past President
                Whatcom County Chapter SDC
                San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
                San Diego Chapter SDC
                North Florida Chapter SDC

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Swifster

quote:Originally posted by tutone63

"Santa, I want a bullet nosed Studebaker with a big blower on it for Christmas."

"You'll poke your eye out, kid."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  Tom - Mulberry, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2125.60)

1964 Studebaker Commander 170-1V, 3-speed w/OD (Cost to Date: $623.67)

1963 Lark, 259 V8, two-tone paint, Twin Traction. Driven often, always noticed!

Comment

Forget using the copter, just use Google Earth because you can see that blower from space [}].....

[IMG=left]http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t102/PlainBrownR2/55%20Studebaker%20Commander%20Streetrod%20Project/P1010531-1.jpg[/IMG=left]
                    [IMG=left]http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t102/PlainBrownR2/55%20Studebaker%20Commander%20Streetrod%20Project/P1010550-1.jpg[/IMG=left]
                    [IMG=right]http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t102/PlainBrownR2/Ex%20Studebaker%20Plant%20Locomotive/P1000578-1.jpg[/IMG=right]
                    [IMG=right]http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t102/PlainBrownR2/My%201964%20Studebaker%20Commander%20R2/P1010168.jpg[/IMG=right]

1964 Studebaker Commander R2 clone
                    1963 Studebaker Daytona Hardtop with no engine or transmission
                    1950 Studebaker 2R5 w/170 six cylinder and 3spd OD
                    1955 Studebaker Commander Hardtop w/289 and 3spd OD and Megasquirt port fuel injection(among other things)

Comment

Working...
                    X