Brake Pedal Replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brake Pedal Replacement

Since I am modifying my 63 Champ Pickup to an automatic transmission, I need to remove the clutch pedal and leave the brake pedal only. I know that with the manual transmission setup, the clutch and brake pedals are interactive (the clutch pedal pivot point is used in conjunction with the brake pivot point). So it would be better to use an automatic brake pedal instead.

Question is, does anyone have the part numbers I would need to modify to an automatic type brake pedal, or what type of car brake pedal I could use. Of course, any alternative suggestions would be appreciated.

Laisez le bon temps roulez avec un Studebaker

While not an answer to your question, I do know of more than a few Champ owners that have had their clutch pedal break and fall off.
    Perhaps you could just remove the clutch pedal?
    Jeff[8D]

quote:Originally posted by mjeansonne

Since I am modifying my 63 Champ Pickup to an automatic transmission, I need to remove the clutch pedal and leave the brake pedal only. I know that with the manual transmission setup, the clutch and brake pedals are interactive (the clutch pedal pivot point is used in conjunction with the brake pivot point). So it would be better to use an automatic brake pedal instead.

Question is, does anyone have the part numbers I would need to modify to an automatic type brake pedal, or what type of car brake pedal I could use. Of course, any alternative suggestions would be appreciated.

HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

I have considered just removing the clutch pedal. The only problem is that the clutch and brake pedal mechanisms are intertwined. If I remove the clutch pedal, I will have to "make up" for its loss by fabricating some more parts. Additionally, the auto brake pedal is wider than the manual brake pedal, as well as being a little more to the left.

Comment

Working...
      X