Studes were winners in olden Blue Isle, ILL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Studes were winners in olden Blue Isle, ILL

Whilst driving my Stude, on July 4th, I met a guy who used to watch racing in Blue Isle. He said it is outside Chicago and had a quarter mile stock car track. A Stude Lark and a Hawk took turns winning all the time, he said. Anyone happen to know of this? I recall a Blue Island stop on the el commuter train. Is this the same? Here's some pictures of the donut shop, where I met the guy. The sign says "Established july 4th, 1966" http://www.flickr.com/photos/jwhilde...7620915559997/ Oh the shop is in my town, Dearborn MI Huck

Gary Hildebrandt
    Gary Hildebrandt

The track was called Raceway Park. I think my dad had bought some pictures of the cars in action but I don't know what year they ran. Raceway Park has been torn down a couple of years ago though.

Eddie George

Comment

Race Way Park. Billy VanAllen tore that dirt track to peices in the late '40's with his every day driver, a 1940 Ford Coupe. Those were the days of real stock car racing........Pull off the hub caps, a couple of strips of masking tape over the headlights and some screen door wire over the grille.

Richard

Comment

Working...
      X