transportation Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• transportation Problem

I've posted this on the Cedar Rapids site but thought I would post here also. I need a ride fom Mount Pleasant Iowa to Cedar Rapids Sunday 7/12 about 6:00 pm. Traveling by Amtrak Have not been able to grt through to Greyhound to see if they have a connection through. I figure I can always make a sign "Need a ride to Cedar Rapids to International Studebaker Meet". But it sure would make it easier if I could connect with another Stude nut.

studedick from the lower Ozarks

I still have no ride to C/R from Mount Pleasant. Soooooooooo Plan B, how about a connection from Galesburg IL to Cedar Rapids? The shuttle arrives there at 2:25 Sunday afternoon. This is off Interstate 74 on the way to I 80. Getting worried Guys.
    My cell #501 247 6828 Be glad to help with some gas money. Thanks

'

bump

Comment

I will be going to Cedar Rapids Monday morning about 10am if you want to stay the night in Mt Pleasant and get a ride with me the next day. Herb Price Burlington IA

Comment

DICK, WILL BE COMING THRU AROUND EIGHT MONDAY A.M. LET ME KNOW . MAC

Comment

I would prefer a ride on Sunday because of the expenses of staying overnight. I have another option. If somebody is comeing thru Galesburg IL Sunday after 2:30 pm I could make that connection. I arrive there Sunday at 2:25 pm. Might be more people going to C/R
          from other places. Sure would like to hear from people. I guess I am just a CASO, But I would be glad to put gas in for the ride.
          Thanks Mac and Herb, look forward to seeing you inC/R.

Comment

Dick, you know me, I'd be there to give you a ride if I could, buddy. I'm not going through Illinois until either late Monday, or early Tuesday. If you're still stranded I can give you my cell #. If you need help in CR, let me know.

Comment

Problem Solved, I just talked to Dick, it doesn't look like I'm going to be able to pick up my 4X4 until during or after the show. Since I can't check into my room until 3:00pm I will be leaving about 5:00am. That will put me about 30 mile from Dick within about a half an hour of his arrival. I love it when a plan comes together.

John

63' R1 Wagonaire

63' 8E45 Detroit

53' 2R5 R1 Powershift TT Under Construction

57' Transtar 304 NP540 4:09 TT Under Construction (in Picture)

58' 3E6D Stock Sale Pending

61' 6E7 122 Factory Auto

John

62' Deluxe R2 4SPD.

63' R1 Wagonaire

57' Transtar 259 punched to 312 NP540 4:09 TT Under Construction

58' 3E6D Stock 4X4

64' (Studebaker Built) Trailer Toter

Comment

Thank you John!. My wife says you are a life saver. she was scared that I was going to get killed if I had to thumb it.

Comment

Hello Dick,

Good to know you are fixed up with a ride. See you in CeRap. I'll make a point of being there early enough to await your arrival.

Gord Richmond, within Weasel range of the Alberta Badlands
                  Gord Richmond, within Weasel range of the Alberta Badlands

Comment

Dick, I'm so glad you and John managed to work out a plan. See ya there. [8D]

Matthew Burnette
                    Hazlehurst, GA

Comment

Good job, John. [^]

Comment

Dick, I wanted to help, but I didn't say anything because there was no airfield close enough that could handle my LearJet! Maybe next time.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                        1963 Cruiser
                        1960 Larkvertible V8
                        1958 Provincial wagon
                        1953 Commander coupe
                        1957 President two door

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Biggs

Dick, I wanted to help, but I didn't say anything because there was no airfield close enough that could handle my LearJet! Maybe next time.

I surprised it's not getting pounded out and painted blue this weekend, too.

Comment

Good point Dave! Truth is, I am going to paint the jet to match the Cruiser when time permits. That way, if I take someone to the airport when I go somewhere, they won't feel so much as if they're "stepping down" when they go from the Cruiser's sumptuous confines to that of the Lear. Strictly psychological trickery, mind you, but effective nonetheless![^]

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                            1963 Cruiser
                            1960 Larkvertible V8
                            1958 Provincial wagon
                            1953 Commander coupe
                            1957 President two door

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Biggy: Not next year but the following meet I will be driving my Cruiser to Springfield. Will be more then happy to meet you and your "Leer" at the airport. That way you will be able to travel in the comfort you are entitled to. As a former So-Cal person to a Centro-Cal person enough said.lol

Comment

Working...
                              X