• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My new storage building!!

Check out my new storage unit:

Measures 9' wide x 45' long.

Here's a pic of the interior:

The upper shelves will stay, seats out, of course... has a Cummins that runs but has a blown turbo; auto trans. (Allison?) It's a 1995.

Advantages: Will never rot or leak, no amount of snow can crush it, no maintenance, great floor plus off the ground plus windows means NO moisture or mold EVER- and far cheaper to buy (I paid $600!) and easier to move than any other building [^]

Disadvantages: Looking at it gets old fast, so you've gotta be able to put it out of sight (I can); lots of towns wouldn't let you have one (I can)...

If you can hide one, I recommend it highly...

This'll giv eme lots of room to keep Stude stuff; look out Frank Drumheller, here I come

Robert K. Andrews Owner- IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
    Parish, central NY 13131

Hold up BAMS! We need that thing running and in South Bend so Clunk can take us on tours. Besides, once we all retire to the Administration Building we can use it for group doctor's visits.

Guido Salvage - "Where rust is beautiful"

Studebaker horse drawn buggy; 1946 M-16 fire truck; 1948 M-16 grain truck; 1949 2R16A grain truck; 1949 2R17A fire truck; 1950 2R5 pickup; 1952 2R17A grain truck; 1952 Packard 200 4 door; 1955 E-38 grain truck; 1957 3E-40 flatbed; 1961 6E-28 grain truck; 1962 7E-13D 4x4 rack truck; 1962 7E-7 Champ pickup; 1962 GT Hawk 4 speed; 1963 8E-28 flatbed; 1964 Avanti R2 4 speed; 1964 Cruiser and various other "treasures".

Hiding and preserving Studebakers in Richmond, Goochland & Louisa, Va.

Comment

Hold up BAMS! We need that thing running and in South Bend so Clunk can take us on tours. Besides, once we all retire to the Administration Building we can use it for group doctor's visits.

Guido Salvage - "Where rust is beautiful"

Studebaker horse drawn buggy; 1946 M-16 fire truck; 1948 M-16 grain truck; 1949 2R16A grain truck; 1949 2R17A fire truck; 1950 2R5 pickup; 1952 2R17A grain truck; 1952 Packard 200 4 door; 1955 E-38 grain truck; 1957 3E-40 flatbed; 1961 6E-28 grain truck; 1962 7E-13D 4x4 rack truck; 1962 7E-7 Champ pickup; 1962 GT Hawk 4 speed; 1963 8E-28 flatbed; 1964 Avanti R2 4 speed; 1964 Cruiser and various other "treasures".

Hiding and preserving Studebakers in Richmond, Goochland & Louisa, Va.

Comment

What about the luggage compartment? There must be tons of space under that floor! Pretty cool rig I think it looks great, I don't see any damage or anything ugly about it! [^] Nice seats too, maybe you can have a big yard sale of seats! [^]

StudeRich
        Studebakers Northwest
        Ferndale, WA
        StudeRich
        Second Generation Stude Driver,
        Proud '54 Starliner Owner
        SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

What about the luggage compartment? There must be tons of space under that floor! Pretty cool rig I think it looks great, I don't see any damage or anything ugly about it! [^] Nice seats too, maybe you can have a big yard sale of seats! [^]

StudeRich
          Studebakers Northwest
          Ferndale, WA
          StudeRich
          Second Generation Stude Driver,
          Proud '54 Starliner Owner
          SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Another piece of the puzzle falls into place

quote:Originally posted by Guido

DEEPNHOCK at Gmail.com
            Brooklet, Georgia
            '37 Coupe Express (never ending project)
            '37 Coupe Express Trailer (project)
            '61 Hawk (project)
            http://community.webshots.com/user/deepnhock

HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Another piece of the puzzle falls into place

DEEPNHOCK at Gmail.com
              Brooklet, Georgia
              '37 Coupe Express (never ending project)
              '37 Coupe Express Trailer (project)
              '61 Hawk (project)
              http://community.webshots.com/user/deepnhock

HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

I wanna see that thing on the strip against Mr. Harbit in the Tomato.

Matthew Burnette
                Hazlehurst, Georgia
                '59 Scotsman PU
                '63 Daytona HT

Blogger is a blog publishing tool from Google for easily sharing your thoughts with the world. Blogger makes it simple to post text, photos and video onto your personal or team blog.

Comment

I wanna see that thing on the strip against Mr. Harbit in the Tomato.

Matthew Burnette
                  Hazlehurst, Georgia
                  '59 Scotsman PU
                  '63 Daytona HT

Blogger is a blog publishing tool from Google for easily sharing your thoughts with the world. Blogger makes it simple to post text, photos and video onto your personal or team blog.

Comment

I just love it when a plan comes together [8D].

Dick Steinkamp
                    Bellingham, WA
                    Dick Steinkamp
                    Bellingham, WA

Comment

I just love it when a plan comes together [8D].

Dick Steinkamp
                      Bellingham, WA
                      Dick Steinkamp
                      Bellingham, WA

Comment

Fact of the matter is, I AM ambivalent about making it into a shed... those shelves contain the ductwork for full-length A/C (intact) and it even has a restroom in the back; it's really quite a rig!

It was bought at auction by a guy who intended to have the engine fixed and sell it overseas- same as they do with full-size school buses now. He had it towed to a local heavy-truck shop, who apparently quoted way more to fix than owner figured... so the shop ended up with it, and sold it to me.

It's fun to drive- but pours raw oil out the tailpipe and smokes like nothing I've EVER seen before![:0] The oil feed line to the turbo has been plugged off, so I'm guessing more than a turbo... but even in good running condition, I couldn't realistically use it for anything; so storage it probably is!

The seats in it are incredible! I'd hate to throw them away; so I'll probably put them a few at a time out by the road at one of my car lots with a "Free-take 'em" sign...

Anybody want some? Free (plus shipping)

Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

Fact of the matter is, I AM ambivalent about making it into a shed... those shelves contain the ductwork for full-length A/C (intact) and it even has a restroom in the back; it's really quite a rig!

It was bought at auction by a guy who intended to have the engine fixed and sell it overseas- same as they do with full-size school buses now. He had it towed to a local heavy-truck shop, who apparently quoted way more to fix than owner figured... so the shop ended up with it, and sold it to me.

It's fun to drive- but pours raw oil out the tailpipe and smokes like nothing I've EVER seen before![:0] The oil feed line to the turbo has been plugged off, so I'm guessing more than a turbo... but even in good running condition, I couldn't realistically use it for anything; so storage it probably is!

The seats in it are incredible! I'd hate to throw them away; so I'll probably put them a few at a time out by the road at one of my car lots with a "Free-take 'em" sign...

Anybody want some? Free (plus shipping)

Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

Oh yeah- the under-floor storage will probably go to waste as it'll be really close to 2 currently existing units

AND- It wouldn't help me to retire to SB anyway- I need my cars and buidings- and my stuff!! I'm in the planning stages of my dream shop here at my house- 2 lifts, paint booth, indoor space for 20 or so cars, and a big gameroom/lounge overhead [] I'll be in touch with you all in SB through this forum, though....

Unless you move here to the Compound............[8D]

Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

Oh yeah- the under-floor storage will probably go to waste as it'll be really close to 2 currently existing units

AND- It wouldn't help me to retire to SB anyway- I need my cars and buidings- and my stuff!! I'm in the planning stages of my dream shop here at my house- 2 lifts, paint booth, indoor space for 20 or so cars, and a big gameroom/lounge overhead [] I'll be in touch with you all in SB through this forum, though....

Unless you move here to the Compound............[8D]

Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

Working...
                              X