Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ever have a day when ya just amaze yerself?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ever have a day when ya just amaze yerself?

My truck's starter gave out day before yesterday.[8] Actually it's been making alarming sounds for a good week.[:0] Well, I was marooned up here on the mountain and the thin air must be doing me good. See, I had one starter that just plain wouldn't work at all and one that just gave up the ghost.[}] Suddenly, the light came on in the darkness. Rob one to fix the other. Duh![)] So I did. Now the starter works like a charm and is smoother than it's ever been.[^]

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. I'm like the bus I drive. Slow, but I get there... eventually.

Lotsa Larks!
    K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
    Ron Smith
    Where the heck is Lewiston, CA?
    Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
    Ron Smith
    Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

So what did you do? swap armatures or fields?

Do tell!

Kent

Comment

So what did you do? swap armatures or fields?

Do tell!

Kent

Comment

You want correct terminology from a hammer mechanic????(LOL)

first, I tried swapping the case. That didn't work. Then I took the nose off and the little gear doohickey thing. This is embarrasing.[)] I had to knock out the retainer pin and had no trouble. The problem was getting it back in. I had to put a phillips screw driver in one end and drove the pin in the other. I kept the motor part with the rear case. You know, I found a trick to get all four of those @#@@#!!! brushes in place and still slide in the motor. All you need is a short piece of exhaust pipe. You jiggle it in whilst depressing the brushes into their frames. Then slide the motor in and pull out the pipe. The pipe is large enough that the motor tail slides in and the brushes are held out of the way and in place. then I put the cap back on and tightened up the screws. All done and the truck starts like a Champ! It actually starts better than it ever has before.

Lotsa Larks!
        Ron Smith
        Ron Smith

Comment

You want correct terminology from a hammer mechanic????(LOL)

first, I tried swapping the case. That didn't work. Then I took the nose off and the little gear doohickey thing. This is embarrasing.[)] I had to knock out the retainer pin and had no trouble. The problem was getting it back in. I had to put a phillips screw driver in one end and drove the pin in the other. I kept the motor part with the rear case. You know, I found a trick to get all four of those @#@@#!!! brushes in place and still slide in the motor. All you need is a short piece of exhaust pipe. You jiggle it in whilst depressing the brushes into their frames. Then slide the motor in and pull out the pipe. The pipe is large enough that the motor tail slides in and the brushes are held out of the way and in place. then I put the cap back on and tightened up the screws. All done and the truck starts like a Champ! It actually starts better than it ever has before.

Lotsa Larks!
          Ron Smith
          Ron Smith

Comment

I amaze myself quite often, at how DUMB I can be! I give myself a good cussing quite often and I usually deserve it. Of course I pout afterwards and don't speak to myself for three days. When I was married my wife would do that for me but now it's all up to me. Funny how I don't miss it though!

Comment

I amaze myself quite often, at how DUMB I can be! I give myself a good cussing quite often and I usually deserve it. Of course I pout afterwards and don't speak to myself for three days. When I was married my wife would do that for me but now it's all up to me. Funny how I don't miss it though!

Comment

John, it's part of the human condition to adapt to the conditions we find ourselves in. Being marooned up here on the mountain, and unable to walk down as it blows my knee out, I'm generally starving for conversation. So I talk to myself and the dog. I'd die of embarrasment if anyone caught me... Why am I telling you this on a public forum.[:0][)] Shutting up.[:I]

Lotsa Larks!
                Ron Smith
                Ron Smith

Comment

John, it's part of the human condition to adapt to the conditions we find ourselves in. Being marooned up here on the mountain, and unable to walk down as it blows my knee out, I'm generally starving for conversation. So I talk to myself and the dog. I'd die of embarrasment if anyone caught me... Why am I telling you this on a public forum.[:0][)] Shutting up.[:I]

Lotsa Larks!
                  Ron Smith
                  Ron Smith

Comment

Working...
                  X