help with body panel ID

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help with body panel ID

As my 52 hardtop grows back into a car, the pile of left over parts in boxes is getting smaller.
    However I have no idea what these paenls are or where they came from. Being as this is a hot rod of sorts, I don't think I need them. But I am curious, especially about piece A. Any specifics on where these bolt up?

Piece A is the shield that mounts in the drivers side front wheel well to protect the brake and clutch pedal from debris. Piece C I believe used to mount to the exhaust pipe in the bellhousing area to direct air flow to the automatic transmission. Piece B is a mystery to me.
    Frank van Doorn
    Omaha, Ne.
    1962 GT Hawk 289 4 speed
    1941 Champion streetrod, R-2 Powered, GM 200-4R trans.
    1952 V-8 232 Commander State "Starliner" hardtop OD

Comment

Its possible that piece B is a shield or cover to protect the master brake cylinder and it's linkages from dirt/gravel, etc. I have a very rusty piece that looks like it might have started out like yours that came off my 55 in that position.

[img=left]http://www.alink.com/personal/tbredehoft/Avatar1.jpg[/img=left]
      Tom Bredehoft
      '53 Commander Coupe (since 1959)
      '55 President (6H Y6) State Sedan
      (Under Construction 617 hrs.)
      '05 Legacy Ltd Wagon
      All Indiana built cars

Comment

Thanks guys. Will check and see if piece A is still needed. The other 2 will go into the Stude freebie box.

Comment

I think you need piece A, the pedal shield, unless you have made a fiberglass one or some other cover. Water and mud splashed up on your starter and dimmer switches is not good.

Comment

Working...
          X