PDA

View Full Version : 63 Cruiser sold at auction



60studehawk
06-14-2009, 07:02 PM
This 63 Studebaker Cruiser 4dr, 6 cylinder with 6,4000 miles was sold on sat at an estate auction in Palmyra Pa. I looked at it on friday and it was very nice. It went for more than I was willing to pay. It sold for $6,400.
http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t73/60studehawk/fi16.jpg
http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t73/60studehawk/fi17.jpg
http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t73/60studehawk/fi24.jpg
http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t73/60studehawk/fi30.jpg
http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t73/60studehawk/fi35.jpg

Jeff Sheaffer
Driving the past into the future
http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t73/60studehawk/60hawk1.jpg

8E45E
06-14-2009, 07:10 PM
quote:Originally posted by 60studehawk

This 63 Studebaker Cruiser 4dr, 6 cylinder with 6,4000 miles was sold on sat at an estate auction in Palmyra Pa. I looked at it on friday and it was very nice.



That is an extremely nice '63 Standard; the opposite end of the trim/price level of the Standard/Lark/Cruiser line for that year. It seems to be devoid of every option aside from the Climatizer which makes it very unique![^] (The rear view mirror appears to be aftermarket.)

Craig

Bill Pressler
06-14-2009, 07:28 PM
quote:Originally posted by 8E45E


quote:Originally posted by 60studehawk

This 63 Studebaker Cruiser 4dr, 6 cylinder with 6,4000 miles was sold on sat at an estate auction in Palmyra Pa. I looked at it on friday and it was very nice.



That is an extremely nice '63 Standard; the opposite end of the trim/price level of the Standard/Lark/Cruiser line for that year. It seems to be devoid of every option aside from the Climatizer which makes it very unique![^] (The rear view mirror appears to be aftermarket.)

Craig


Very nice car. Somewhere along the line the off-white wheels got painted black, which makes her seem even plainer I think (!)

Still, appears to be in outstanding condition.

Bill Pressler
Kent, OH
'63 Lark Daytona Skytop R1
'64 Daytona Hardtop

2R5
06-14-2009, 07:41 PM
Now thats what I call a trailer queen ;) have to keep the miles off that one to keep the value in it ....very nice car and if you think about it , not a bad price IMHO:D



[IMG]http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l300/2R5/smallchamp-1.jpghttp://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l300/2R5/2008Daytona.jpg
Home of the Fried Green Tomato
"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ
1964 Daytona HT

studegary
06-14-2009, 07:47 PM
I am guessing that it is from Amish country. It is the most basic model, four door sedan, six, standard, only heater, black. This could also be a reason that the "bright" off-white wheels were repainted black.

Gary L.
Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
Studebaker enthusiast much longer

BobPalma
06-14-2009, 07:49 PM
:) Very nice car indeed, and I think that's the first black Standard of any body style I've ever seen! And check out that original battery hold-down correctly in place; I'm impressed.

Jeff, I assume you meant it had 6,400 miles, not 6,4000; correct?

Also, the pictures look like they were taken with the engine idling. Look at that oil pressure guage; almost pegged!

Nice car. :DBP

r1lark
06-14-2009, 07:54 PM
Most likely will see it soon on eBay.

Paul
Winston-Salem, NC
Visit The NEW Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com

60studehawk
06-14-2009, 07:57 PM
Yes I did mean 6,400 miles. I think the owner was mennite which would explain the black wheels.

Jeff Sheaffer
Driving the past into the future
http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t73/60studehawk/60hawk1.jpg

showbizkid
06-14-2009, 09:38 PM
Somehow it seems right that a Mennonite would own a Studebaker Standard!


[img=left]http://members.cox.net/clarknovak/lark.gif[/img=left]

Clark in San Diego
'63 F2/Lark Standard
http://studeblogger.blogspot.com
www.studebakersandiego.com

58PackardWagon
06-14-2009, 10:06 PM
Very nice, but a little more than I would pay for a 6 cyl.

57 & 58 Packards and Larks

jackb
06-15-2009, 07:35 AM
makes this 28K 63' in Mass look real good at $4000...........

62champ
06-15-2009, 08:03 AM
I am going to guess the water pump was replaced at some point.

Reason I think so is it looks like they left out the spacer between the fan and the pump. From the angle of this photo there is too much space between the fan and the radiator.

http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t73/60studehawk/fi35.jpg

I know all those '63 owners out there are lusting after that dash pad. If this car was any more basic it would have a tongue with harness sticking out in front of it...

<div align="left">1960 Lark VI</div id="left"> <div align="right">1962 7E7-122</div id="right">
[img=left]http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l163/62champ/car/8b0ac4c6.jpg[/img=left]
[img=right]http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l163/62champ/car/DSC02237.jpg[/img=right]

candbstudebakers
06-15-2009, 10:14 AM
That dash pad is a standard and the glove box is total different, not a good shot of it, I am not a Mennonite and I own a standard 2 door and I don't think Nels is either and he has a full package 2 door standard, one of the best cars I own, have had it since 1989....Bob

Bob Peterson / C & B Studebakers

Castro Valley, CA

http://i691.photobucket.com/albums/vv271/canbstudebakers/IM000994-1-1.jpg

JBOYLE
06-15-2009, 11:05 AM
quote:Originally posted by studegary

I am guessing that it is from Amish country. It is the most basic model, four door sedan, six, standard, only heater, black. This could also be a reason that the "bright" off-white wheels were repainted black.


When I was in Ohio I met a guy who said he used to sell cars near tha Amish & Mennonite communties.
He said they'd come on and want a base model, black, no options.
The dealer would reverse the factory white walls, and replace full wheel covers with dog dish caps. I'd guess, they'd occasionally have to pull radios too.

63 Avanti R1 2788
1914 Stutz Bearcat
(George Barris replica)

Washington State

studegary
06-15-2009, 01:52 PM
quote:Originally posted by candbstudebakers

That dash pad is a standard and the glove box is total different, not a good shot of it, I am not a Mennonite and I own a standard 2 door and I don't think Nels is either and he has a full package 2 door standard, one of the best cars I own, have had it since 1989....Bob

Bob Peterson

I referred to the basic/standard model, but also the ALL BLACK as clues that it might have been purchased new by Amish/Mennonite. Of course, many of these cars have changed hands over the past 45 years. Did you buy your Standard new? Is it black? As Bob P. pointed out, the all black basic sedan is unusual.

Gary L.
Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
Studebaker enthusiast much longer