64 Daytona Trim

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 64 Daytona Trim

Could any members post some pic's of how a factory 2 door Daytona cloth inserted trim should look like and would this be on a narrow style buckets with console if it is a floor shift car. Have any guys who have been to Sasco looking through the seat covers spotted any of these covers recently? I will be going to Sasco in August but by the sound of what"s been said on the forum it might be to late! Does anyone know if Phantom is making the correct colours and grains? Regards Brian.
    Brian Greenall
    Melbourne, OZ
    sigpic

I can tell you that if Phantom has the materials for your car (year?), they can and will make the correct seat covers and door panels for you. I had 63' Rose Mist cloth/vinyl seats done by them and they are perfect....right down to every seam....Also....get a 63' color brochure (always at flea markets and eBay)to see what the seat combos look like.....

Comment

I saw a bunch of bucket seat covers with cloth inserts at SASCO. I saw them in red, green, brown, and rosemist. However, the foam seems to go bad on the cloth inserts - lots of the covers I dug through had foam falling out in chunks. Not all of them were bad though. They're may be some good ones in boxes upstairs too.

Scott Rodgers
      Los Angeles
      SDC Member since 1989
      '60 Lark HT
      '63 Wagonaire
      Scott Rodgers
      Los Angeles
      SDC Member since 1989
      \'60 Lark HT
      \'63 Wagonaire
      \'66 Frankenbaker

Comment

Here is a lot of info & pics on Daytona Interiors, also barnlark's findings as to what is left in stock at SASCO . I guess you were not watching at that time, a few weeks ago. Slide down to my post with pics and you see the correct pattern of cloth insert in Green and on the split bench (wider) seat. It will help installation if you have the center tunnel seat support plate (bracket) for individual & bucket seats.

StudeRich
        StudeRich
        Second Generation Stude Driver,
        Proud '54 Starliner Owner
        SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

FYI-

I see from the other thread that there are seat covers with flat cloth inserts. When I mentioned the seat covers with foam problems, I meant the ones with pleated cloth insets.

Scott Rodgers
          Los Angeles
          SDC Member since 1989
          '60 Lark HT
          '63 Wagonaire
          Scott Rodgers
          Los Angeles
          SDC Member since 1989
          \'60 Lark HT
          \'63 Wagonaire
          \'66 Frankenbaker

Comment

The '64 covers I've used in the '63 Cruiser are the same pattern as what Rich showed in that earlier thread. The covers have the embossed squares across the tops of the seat backs, and these squares are foam-filled. When I was looking for enough of these to be able to construct a set of seat covers, alot of them had powdered foam in the squares. Thing is, there were enough blue ones that I didn't have to look TOO far to find good ones.
            I will say that I thought about treating the backside of those squares (where the foam is exposed) with Armor-All as a longevity measure. In the end I didn't because I didn't want my upholstery guy *****ing that the stuff had contaminated his machines and benches.[:I]

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
            1963 Cruiser
            1960 Larkvertible V8
            1958 Provincial wagon
            1953 Commander coupe
            1957 President two door

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Sorry guys, I left out the year. I need 64 cloth inserted trim covers. So that green & white sq pattern is what should be in a 64 2door hardtop like your white one Studerich. This is what I am trying to establish. Could you post a shot of your interior of your white hardtop please Studerich. Or does anyone have a sales brochure on 64 trim patterns that they would like to sell? Thanks for your input guys. Brian.
              Brian Greenall
              Melbourne, OZ
              sigpic

Comment

quote:Originally posted by packardHawk58

I need 64 cloth inserted trim covers. So that green & white sq pattern is what should be in a 64 2door hardtop like your white one Studerich. This is what I am trying to establish. Could you post a shot of your interior of your white hardtop please Studerich.
                Brian, most Daytonas and especially Hardtops and Convertibles were ordered with the all Vinyl Interior, and even a higher percentage with bucket seats, because Vinyl was IN in '64! [:0]
                These Green seats are not green & white, but shades of Green they are split bench in our '64 Daytona 4 Dr. Sedan, my White Hardtop has Black all Vinyl bucket seats, so I don't think you would be interested in seeing those. [:0]

StudeRich
                StudeRich
                Second Generation Stude Driver,
                Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Had a set of door panels and seats for my Daytona 4-door made up at Phantom Auto works (Blue). They did not have the correct blue cloth, use the Commader cloth. The pleated seat tops looked like factory. The door panels were very nice. Have not yet put them in the car.

Did pick up a set of red "64's 2-door seats at SASCO in 2007 Int. Meet. There was lots of other "64 stuff at that time.

T-cab

Comment

Working...
                  X