Ypsi Orphan Show

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ypsi Orphan Show

Tomorrow, June 7, is the 13th Annual Ypsilanti Orphan Car Show. I will be attending and will try to take as many pics as possible and post them on the Forum. They are expecting about 41 Studes at the Show. This year the show is honoring the 100th Anniversary of the Hudson Motor Car Co. so there will a lot of Hudson's at the show, also.

Won't let me in. I am one of those "dirty rotten modifiers". Although the last time I attended as a spectator, at least half of the 53-54 cars that were there were modified to some extent such as paint, hubcaps, and interiors. Still, some interesting cars show up.
    Bob

Own '53 Commander Starliner. Red w/beige top. 350 Chev/700R4. Tilt,cruise,A/C.http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j3...ontheBeach.jpg
    Own \'53 Commander Starliner. Red w/beige top. 350 Chev/700R4. Tilt,cruise,A/C.http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j30/Bobphyl/StudeontheBeach.jpg

Comment

I'll be there! It is supposed to rain!

Comment

Thats just a great meet . Was there with my Lark about 4 years ago , had a great time . Think Maxwells were the feature car that year.I need to go back again some time.

[IMG]
        Home of the Fried Green Tomato
        "IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ
        1964 Daytona HT
        sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

Wish I could make it Sunday, however, not this year . Hoping to drive my own "orphan" next year. Ypsi not far from Toledo. Looking forward to seeing those pics!!!!

Packardbakerly,
          J.D.
          sigpic

Packardbakerly,
          J.D.

Comment

Not far from where I grew up (yeah - OK - grew up PHYSICALLY![:I] ) Wish I could show up for the day![V]

JD, since you're in (from?) Toledo, can you recall a Stude dealership called City Motors?

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
            1963 Cruiser
            1960 Larkvertible V8
            1958 Provincial wagon
            1953 Commander coupe
            1957 President two door

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

No I can't. I can remember Gross Studebaker in Moline to the east of Toledo. Dad got involved in Studes back in 1972 ( I was 12). I was raised around the club and quite a few junk yards around the area, but can't recall any other dealers in the toledo area, although I have seen a license plate frame for Brondes Studebaker - which has been a Ford dealer for as long as I can remember.

Packardbakerly,
              J.D.
              sigpic

Packardbakerly,
              J.D.

Comment

What a nice show it was! Lark VIII girl and I were there and the quiality and quantity of cars was fantasitc. So many Studes and Hudsons, these two makes were the center of the show. Also lots of neat distinctive cars, Cole, Sunset, Maxwell EMF, Willys Knight
                McIntire, Kaiser, and so many more.

Husband of Lark VIII girl

Comment

Carl Danielsen, of the Northeastern Michigan Chapter, won "Best of the Studes" at the Orphan Show in Ypsilanti on Sunday with his '63 Champ Pickup.

Comment

I spoke wth Carl at the show - I just loved that 8 foot bed on that truck.

Comment

Congrats to Carl on receiving the Favorite Studebaker award. He told me that on his ride back home to Metamora, MI (90 miles) that he was all smiles. This was his 1st award in his Champ P/U. He hopes to have his '57 Silver Hawk ready for next year's Ypsi Orphan Car Show.

[8D]

StudeBakerHarv
                      StudeBakerHarv
                      * 1950 Champion Starlight Coupe (Cathcart Stg 4 Engine).
                      * 1971 Avanti II (RQB-1659).
                      * 1960 Lark Regal VIII Convertible.

Comment

We always enjoyed the show but could not go because we were celebrating 50th maybe next year

Comment

Working...
                        X