Auto body rotisserie.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Auto body rotisserie.

A local tool dealer is having a sale on a 2200 lb. car rotisserie, equipped with hydraulic lift cylinders to raise the car once mounted. I don't know where it's made, but the dealer, KMS Tools, normally avoids the real low-end Chinese-made products.

Sale price is $999.95

Does that sound like a good price? I expect I could probably build one for less, but time spent building "tools" takes away from time spent working on cars.

Gord Richmond, within Weasel range of the Alberta Badlands
    Gord Richmond, within Weasel range of the Alberta Badlands

Hey Gordon, I'll partner with you on this. You supply the money and I'll supply the encouragement! Go for it!

John Clary
    Greer, SC

I have only two limitations ...BRAINS & ENERGY
    SDC member since 1975
    John Clary
    Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Worth it. My guess is you will want to fabricate something better, or stronger, on it anyway, so it will save some work, Gord!

Comment

Gord- This is right up your alley; it's the one I plan to build. Matt's a Buick guy who has done all the figuring for us; just get the materials and build! Check out his pdf:

If for some reason that weon't load, here's Matt's page:

Robert (Bob) Andrews- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys)
        Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

For what it's worth, I was looking for a rotisserie and googled it. Up came "Roto2000", which I thought was well built and by the time it arrived it cost me about $2000 CDN with shipping, exchange and customs... I went with the accessory wheels and the whole shebang. I then GAVE it to my hotrod buddy doing the work on my 55 K and he is very happy with it. My car body is getting the royal treatment. US made and guaranteed. Worth a look?
          Dave Warren (Perry Mason by day, Perry Como by night)

Comment

Thanks Bams for that link, I may want to build one for my 54 K, put it in my favorites.

101st Airborne Div. 326 Engineers Ft Campbell Ky.

Comment

Working...
            X