PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have info on Bondobilly??

bams50
06-04-2009, 09:19 PM
Got a message he's in the hospital... of course, Ellen's there taking care of him. Hope he's going to be OK!

If anyone knows them better than I, could you get some info??

Robert (Bob) Andrews- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys)
Parish, central NY 13131

monomaniac
06-04-2009, 09:52 PM
I understand it's a gall bladder infection and he will be out of
commission for a while. Here's hoping Billy recovers quickly.

barnlark
06-04-2009, 10:18 PM
Thanks for the information. I hadn't heard of a problem and wondered why I hadn't received return emails. Best of health, quickly, Bill.

bams50
06-04-2009, 10:27 PM
Believe it or not, Ellen's taking phone orders at the hospital and promising to get them shipped right away! So I'm guessing he's not too bad off. I sure hope so!

Parish, central NY 13131

raoul5788
06-04-2009, 10:34 PM
That sucks. I hope it isn't too serious. I guess we won't see them at the NE Zone Meet in Rutland VT this weekend.

Chip
'63 Cruiser daily driver
'57 Packard wagon on the road!

raprice
06-05-2009, 07:03 PM
I hope Bill's okay. He's one of the good guys.
Get well Bill.
Rog

'59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
Smithtown,NY

lstude
06-06-2009, 05:33 AM
I also hope Bill is doing well.

Leonard Shepherd
http://leonardshepherd.com/

http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q8/LHSJR/MyStudebakernobackgroundsm.jpg

BobPalma
06-06-2009, 06:59 AM
:) 'Roger those best wishes, Bill. Take care. Do most of what they tell you in the hospital, and all of what Ellen tells you to do.;) :DBP

FlatheadGeo
06-06-2009, 07:02 AM
Get well Bill. Knowing you for approx. 40 years--I know you will be out and about in no time. Keep the faith, Ellen.
George

1957 Studebaker Champion 2 door. Staten Island, New York.

bondobilly
06-06-2009, 09:17 AM
quote:Originally posted by bams50

Believe it or not, Ellen's taking phone orders at the hospital and promising to get them shipped right away! So I'm guessing he's not too bad off. I sure hope so!

Parish, central NY 13131

Ellen here:)
First, thank you all for your prayers and best wishes. Billy was pretty critical last sunday thru tuesday and then stabalized with continued slow but steady progress. He is now down some iv antibiotics and one tube. Yes, highly inflammed, infected gall bladder/sepsis. his gaul bladder was the size of a large eggplant and in the wrong place, But as I said he is on the mend. I hope to bring him home sometime next week. He is going to have to return for surgery in 4-6 weeks as it is not safe to do right now.

My phone message states that I will be returning calls within 3 -5 days and yes I am taking orders not for immediate delivery but in hopes that with Bill home soon I can have him produce the 4th of July transfers so I can complete those orders before the event. He will not be able to do any "business" per se for a while. Obviously, I brought him his computer today to drag him back into this world. Thank you all again....Ellen (stretch:))

tomnoller
06-06-2009, 09:18 AM
Prayers and best wishes to you, Bill, from here!

Roscomacaw
06-06-2009, 10:05 AM
"Bests" to you, Bill (and you too, Ellen). Your PRIMARY business is to get well again!

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
1963 Cruiser
1960 Larkvertible V8
1958 Provincial wagon
1953 Commander coupe
1957 President two door

Huck
06-06-2009, 10:23 AM
Hi Bill, I just sent up a prayer for you..........and I happen to be wearing my Bugsport fly-in shirt. I firmly believe God has a sense of humor and is a car person. Blessings from Dearborn, Huck

Gary Hildebrandt

Dick Clemens
06-06-2009, 05:32 PM
Billy & Ellen: Prayers and best wishes for Billy and a lot of support for you Ellen as you bring him back to normal. If there is such a thing as normal?

studedick from the lower Ozarks

bondobilly
06-06-2009, 05:44 PM
Than you for your prayers. They removed a tube and put me on liquids. I will poberly be here for another week, then home for 4 to 6 weeks and then bad do in for. The operation.
I am scared because I cannot deal with intense pain

Sunday was scary. I was a walking infection that could have taken out a small town if the toxins got out.

Again thanks for the prayers a good wishes

Ricardo
06-06-2009, 07:58 PM
Best wishes for you Bill

Have all the strength from God to get well soon (and with no so many pain...)

We need you also for the 75th Lark anniversary

Best Regards

Ricardo from Chile

Studebakerchile
http://www.tuerca.cl/studebakerchile/

BobPalma
06-06-2009, 08:53 PM
:) Uh-oh. I'm projecting ahead per the schedule announced in your post, Bill. Is this going to knock you out of attending Cedar Rapids?[V] :DBP

avantilover
06-06-2009, 09:40 PM
Having just had Gall Bladder surgery, it's pretty pain free if they use the laparoscope method, basically 4 smallish holes and take it easy for 8 weeks. I went into day surgery at 9:30 am on March 24 had the op about 1pm, then went home by Taxi around 11am the next day, followed by a week off work. A bit of pain, but basically OK, once home I had Panadol (paracetamol) tablets every 6 hours just to keep pain free - didn't have much but you don't want to get it and then take tablets. I think paracetamol is called Acetaminophen in the States.

Cheer up Billy, likely more painful to drop a spanner on your toe, as they say here "She'll be right Mate!!!"

John Clements
Avantilover, your South Australian Studebaker lover!!!
Lockleys South Australia

bondobilly
06-06-2009, 10:55 PM
Right now the Laproscopic method is out of the question. I am praying for the Lapi..

They are awatiing for the bladder to reduce in size and change color. Right now they can't distinguish and colors so they can not t do to disect it into the the four parts. If they can't do it it's the flull blown operation, with afew days in ICU and then two to three weeks recouperation.

The bladder went huge but also made my bowels stop workling which made me sepsis. I huge infrvtion. I am parying I can can it the way you did. I have to go home with bags and antibiotocs and wait 4 to 6 weeks or more.

This sucks..we were supposed to leave for London on July 9. That is totally shot.

Screwed again.

Wiating for pain and sleeping pills to kick in.

BG

avantilover
06-07-2009, 09:22 PM
London can wait, at least you're still here to complain about it, you'll get to the UK some other time.

John Clements
Avantilover, your South Australian Studebaker lover!!!
Lockleys South Australia

bams50
06-07-2009, 09:27 PM
Geez, Bill, you really know how to party[:0] Get well soon, friend.

Parish, central NY 13131
http://www.patrioticon.org/images/flag3-1.gif

alanmende
06-08-2009, 05:32 AM
Bill,

Do exactly what the doctors -- and more importantly, Ellen -- tell you to do.

By the way, those hospital tables they have for your meals are great for building railroad models while you're in bed. And tell the "E" of E&B Valley I said Hi.

Kindest regards,

Alan Mende
Hummelstown, PA

I'm not a mechanic; I don't even play one on TV.

Lenny R2
06-08-2009, 09:15 PM
Get well soon Bill,Business can wait,you are more important.

Lenny
Atlanta Ga.

bondobilly
06-08-2009, 09:22 PM
I past a number of important tests today, so there is a chance I might get out in the next24-48 hours.

Once home I will start printing the shirts so Stretch can ship by next week. My only medical requirement now is to take it easy, change in diet and few other things. Thank God I gave up smoking three weeks before this hit. Expect me to be up and running at 100% in about three weeks.

Thanks for your good wishes and prayers...........the prayers really worked.

Bill Glass aka Bondobilly

Mark57
06-08-2009, 09:25 PM
Excellent news Bill - Hope you're able to come home soon as planned! :)

<h5>Mark
'57 Transtar Deluxe
Vancouver Island Chapter
http://sdcvi.shawwebspace.ca/ </h5>

http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x153/MarkH57/CandyStore1Thumb.jpg

BobPalma
06-08-2009, 09:28 PM
:) That's great news, Bill. 'Glad you're on the mend. :DBP

raprice
06-09-2009, 08:14 AM
Fantastic news Bill. It's tought to keep a good man down.
Best to Ellen.
Rog
L.I. Stude Club

'59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
Smithtown,NY

JBOYLE
06-09-2009, 08:53 AM
Glad to hear you're feeling a bit better and the problem has been addressed.
Hope you're back to 100% soon!

63 Avanti R1 2788
1914 Stutz Bearcat
(George Barris replica)

Washington State

Rick Courtier
06-09-2009, 09:38 AM
darn, you'll do anything to see nurses [:p]. . . won't you. Sorry to hear that you're in the hospital but I guess that is were the selection of nurse are the best. :)

Get well soon and bring back a red, er blond er brunette for me. :D

Rick Courtier

http://i470.photobucket.com/albums/rr61/microbrewery/screensmall.jpg
1956 Sky Hawk
1956 Transtar
1905 Farm Wagon

bondobilly
06-09-2009, 09:50 AM
d
quote:Originally posted by Rick Courtier

darn, you'll do anything to see nurses [:p]. . . won't you. Sorry to hear that you're in the hospital but I guess that is were the selection of nurse are the best. :)

Get well soon and bring back a red, er blond er brunette for me. :D

Rick Courtier

http://i470.photobucket.com/albums/rr61/microbrewery/screensmall.jpg
1956 Sky Ha

Got one for you........see if she can survive the FedX packaging

Is the truck sold?

Billy G
1956 Transtar
1905 Farm Wagon

gordr
06-09-2009, 10:31 AM
Bill, I'm glad to hear that you are on the mend. Congratulations on giving up the demon weed, too.

Gord Richmond, within Weasel range of the Alberta Badlands

barnlark
06-09-2009, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by bondobilly

"Once home I will start printing the shirts so Stretch can ship by next week."

For crying out loud, Bill, take it easy. [:0] The shirts will make it out fine. Get better first, Buddy. Glad to hear you with a new prognosis. Stude guys always did have a tough block and rebounding innards! [^]

STEWDI
06-09-2009, 06:51 PM
What barnlark said!

Don't try to play Sherwood Egbert too soon. We'll all be thinking of you. BTW, you two have the sames first names as my parents, so you're kind of special to me. Let the healing process take hold and take it easy for a bit!

Best Wishes.

Roger "153624" Hill

55 Champion
47 M-5
Izzer Buggy
Junior Wagon

curt
06-09-2009, 07:27 PM
Get well! Sorry about the detour. I wish the best to you.

52 Ragtop
06-09-2009, 10:24 PM
Billy, Glad to hear you are home and ON the mend!!

Jim