hardest decision made

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hardest decision made

I finally made the color choice for my 50 starlight coupe. This car is a modified but except for the tranny(700r4) i have stayed true to stude. The color choice is laguna teal pearl and is a range rover color. The interior is a light grey(Done by Rene Harger at slick street stuff, he supplied the entire interior as well as modifieing the dash and building a center console to go between the front buckets)As of today we have spent app. 600 hours on body work and minor modifications. The chassis work is done with a stude r4 engine and turner brakes and a dana 44(409 gears). Hope to go to paint soon and have the project completed by mid August.

Pictures pictures pictures pictures...
    John Clary
    Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Holy cow! This says it all:

Let's see!

I didn't realize Rene was still doing interiors [8D]

Robert (Bob) Andrews- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys)
      Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

quote:Originally posted by bams50

Let's see!

Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

quote:YES Rene is doing interiors and does a really good job aAs far as pictures i hope to have them posted soonriginally posted by bams50[/i]

Let's see!

Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

quote:Originally posted by bams50
            Bob,
            You spent so much time in the car corral at York you didn't see Rene there with his molded one-piece headliner for the '47-'52 Starlights; all Slick Street Stuff.

Brad Johnson
            Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
            '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight
            Brad Johnson,
            SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
            Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
            '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
            '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

I guess I'm not too good at these meets[:I] I missed a lot of people I wanted to meet as well[B)]

Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

You aren't kidding. Once freed from the constraint of original color, this is a hard decision. I think it took me 2 years to decide. Luckily body work takes me a long time.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Michidan

You aren't kidding. Once freed from the constraint of original color, this is a hard decision. I think it took me 2 years to decide. Luckily body work takes me a long time.
                  Second that statement, I'm down to 2 choices, leaning on one. Good thing I have a years worth of work left.....[u]plenty</u> of time to decide.

ChopStu

http://www.cooks.com/rec/view/0,1927...253197,00.html ChopStu Stew
                  61 Lark

sigpic

Comment

quote:Originally posted by 4961Studebaker

quote:Originally posted by Michidan

The machanicals were tough but the color choice took me almost a year to decide. Good luck
                    oSecond that statement, I'm down to 2 choices, leaning on one. Good thing I have a years worth of work left.....[u]plenty</u> of time to decide.

ChopStu

http://www.cooks.com/rec/view/0,1927...253197,00.html ChopStu Stew

Comment

I can feel your pain Ron. I brought home my Hawk last year, and like you I still am not sure what color it will be. I do know one thing, I've wanted a Packard Hawk for over 30 years - but not a beige one[xx(]
                      Leaning on two tone blue = correct factory colors of course, but she's being totally redone so I too have time to ponder.
                      Congrats!!!!!!

Packardbakerly,
                      J.D.
                      sigpic

Packardbakerly,
                      J.D.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by J. D. ENGLER

I can feel your pain Ron. I brought home my Hawk last year, and like you I still am not sure what color it will be. I do know one thing, I've wanted a Packard Hawk for over 30 years - but not a beige one[xx(]
                        Leaning on two tone blue = correct factory colors of course, but she's being totally redone so I too have time to ponder.
                        Congrats!!!!!!

THANKS J.D.
                        Packardbakerly,
                        J.D.

Comment

Working...
                        X