NOS C-cab drivers door

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NOS C-cab drivers door

I bought a NOS C-cab driver's door from Newman and Altman back in 1980-81. The truck I bought it for is long gone, and it just happens to be at my brother's place in Cedar Rapids, so I figure the upcoming meet is the ideal place to get rid of it.

As I said, it was NOS in 1980, and I gave it a coat of rattle can primer back then. Since then, it's been on and off the never finished project truck, stored indoors for most of the time. As I recall, it had a little ding along the top of the window frame, and I believe it suffers from a little surface rust from the intervening 30 years. I've asked my brother to take a few pictures, especially of the dent, and will post them when I get them from him.

I have no idea for price, and would like to get your feedback once I get the photos posted (hopefully next week).

John Winfield

$400

Comment

I think there was a pair at Int. Meet South Bend 07' for $600.00 covered in surface rust IIRC.

John

63' R1 Wagonaire

63' 8E45 Detroit

53' 2R5 R1 Powershift TT Under Construction

57' Transtar 304 NP540 4:09 TT Under Construction (in Picture)

58' 3E6D Stock Sale Pending

61' 6E7 122 Factory Auto

John

62' Deluxe R2 4SPD.

63' R1 Wagonaire

57' Transtar 259 punched to 312 NP540 4:09 TT Under Construction

58' 3E6D Stock 4X4

64' (Studebaker Built) Trailer Toter

Comment

As promised, here are a couple of photos:

A detail, showing the dents on the window frame:

There are more pictures on photobucket:
        Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

If anyone is interested in it, send me an email, as my brother is quite sick of having this in his garage, and we'd like to take advantage of the Nationals being in his home town to get it to somebody who can actually use it.

John

p.s. I can't believe I've been a member on this forum since 2006, lurking since long before that, and only have 8 posts! And, I probably check in almost every day. I guess I should get off my butt and participate a little more.

Comment

Hmm... it should be worth another $2.69 as it has the extra hole in the door for the door lock (an optional extra on most C-Cabs until the '60's)...

<h5>Mark
          '57 Transtar Deluxe
          Vancouver Island Chapter
          http://sdcvi.shawwebspace.ca/ </h5>

Mark Hayden
          '66 Commander

Comment

Working...
          X