X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This car actually makes me ache!

All I can say about it is [][:X][:X][:X]

All I can say about my current ability to bid is [xx(][V]

Robert (Bob) Andrews- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys)
    Parish, central NY 13131

Niiiice. [^] I picked up two convertible top boots that very color interior. When you ache so bad to buy it and do...you can have the boot, Bob.

Comment

That is a gorgeous convertible! [][8D][^]

<h5>Mark
      '57 Transtar Deluxe
      Vancouver Island Chapter
      http://sdcvi.shawwebspace.ca/ </h5>

Mark Hayden
      '66 Commander

Comment

Rosemist, 4-speed, droptop, 65,700 original miles!!!!

Me likey too []

Comment

OK......if there is any time to see what the Stude market is like ...its now....with this car. Beautiful car...presented at the right time , with a great, thorough & I believe, honest description (don't know the seller ). I'm putting a guestimate of $17.5K..maybe as high as $19K. Not an Avanti, Hawk, but a nice Lark......anyone else ?

Comment

Worth every bit of your high. We'll see who still has money left after the last year. It's a beauty. I think it has a New York state garage written all over its future. [8D]

Comment

I'll bet the reserve IS NOT met and bidding will end at $12,300.00

John

63' R1 Wagonaire

63' 8E45 Detroit

53' 2R5 R1 Powershift TT Under Construction

57' Transtar 304 NP540 4:09 TT Under Construction (in Picture)

58' 3E6D Stock Sale Pending

61' 6E7 122 Factory Auto

John

62' Deluxe R2 4SPD.

63' R1 Wagonaire

57' Transtar 259 punched to 312 NP540 4:09 TT Under Construction

58' 3E6D Stock 4X4

64' (Studebaker Built) Trailer Toter

Comment

That will be an interesting bet.

Comment

Don't get me wrong I LOVE the car, always one of my favorites (4spd droptop) It has great colors, love it. But I've noticed lately the values are not what they were a few years back, unless its supercharged, and they seem to be slipping a little.

OK the $12,300.00 may be a little low, I was on my first cup of coffee when I originally posted, but I'd think the owners reserve would be in the $15,000.00 neiborhood, & I don't think it will hit that mark.

I hope for the seller I'm wrong, and if the buyer is from this forum then I hope the $12,300.00 mark is right

John

63' R1 Wagonaire

63' 8E45 Detroit

53' 2R5 R1 Powershift TT Under Construction

57' Transtar 304 NP540 4:09 TT Under Construction (in Picture)

58' 3E6D Stock Sale Pending

61' 6E7 122 Factory Auto

John

62' Deluxe R2 4SPD.

63' R1 Wagonaire

57' Transtar 259 punched to 312 NP540 4:09 TT Under Construction

58' 3E6D Stock 4X4

64' (Studebaker Built) Trailer Toter

Comment

Wow, thats purty!

Dylan Wills

'61 lark deluxe 4 door wagon
                    Dylan Wills
                    Everett, Wa.

1961 Lark 4 door wagon
                    1961 Lark 4 door wagon #2 (Wife's car!)
                    1955 VW Beetle (Went to the dark side)
                    1914 Ford Model T

Comment

I agree that it is a gorgeous car, but I have to take issue with this statement by the seller about picking it up with a trailer: "but I would not suggest it be driven long distances just because it is an old car and I would hate to have the buyer put needless miles on this great low mile car." "Needless"??? Who could resist [u]</u>driving[u]</u> this Lark? Plus, it already has over 50K on it.

My '64 has not been on a trailer since 1992, and with a 289 and a 4 speed it is a blast to drive. Yes it has gone downhill over the years, but it still cleans up pretty well. It was made to be driven, and I do. JWW

Comment

Originally posted by JWW
                        "My '64 has not been on a trailer since 1992, and with a 289 and a 4 speed it is a blast to drive. Yes it has gone downhill over the years, but it still cleans up pretty well. It was made to be driven, and I do. JWW"

I'll say your car cleans up pretty well, John! [8D] I'd like to blast it around myself. [}]

Originally posted by 289stude
                        "Don't get me wrong I LOVE the car."

I sure didn't take you wrong, John, just thought it would be interesting for a bet. I think it's worth more, but I'm not going to bet my house on it, either! You're probably dead on, coffee or not. We'll see where it stalls. If that convertible were any other marque it would be through the roof already.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by 289stude

I'll bet the reserve IS NOT met and bidding will end at $12,300.00

It bid to $10k in the first 16 hours. Bidding will probably slow down or stop for a while. It usually does...especially on 10 day auctions.

Certainly a desirable car, color, equipment, condition.

I like Jack's idea that it is a good test of today's depressed market, and I like his price guess.

Dick Steinkamp
                          Bellingham, WA

Dick Steinkamp
                          Bellingham, WA

Comment

Well...I don't know how good of a test it will be for today's depressed market...but it is a sure indication that I am broke!...Good opportunities like this never materialize when I have money to spend!

John Clary
                            Greer, SC

I have only two limitations ...BRAINS & ENERGY
                            SDC member since 1975
                            John Clary
                            Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

quote:Originally posted by jclary

Well...I don't know how good of a test it will be for today's depressed market...but it is a sure indication that I am broke
                              John Clary
                              That's funny, John. BP
                              We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Working...
                              X