Painting-things to remember???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Painting-things to remember???

Tomorrow, the "50" goes back to the shop for final blocking etc. and the final paint job. I would appreciate it very much if those who have had experience with this kind of thing would give me some last minute advice as to things I should be sure to mention to those doing the work. I do not want to be a pest to them but, since I am coming up with lots of money for the job,I think I am entitles to mention some things about which others advise me. They did the body work and jambing (sp) and then I brought all the pieces home and put the car back together. It will be painted a bright deep red with top coat from NAPA 1998 Dodge pick-up color.

Thanks for your help.

Jimmie
    Orleans, Indiana

1950 CHAMPION -ORANGE COUNTY, INDIANA
    sigpicJimmie
    Orange County, Indiana

Oh don't forget to mention that they have a very unrewarding job, because all of their hard body/ prep work is the kind of thing that, when done correctly, doesn't show at all.

Comment

Well, I can certainly attest to all the work and workmanship that goes on before the final paint job and mentioning this subtly would be a good gesture.

Thank you,

Jimmie
      Orleans, Indiana

quote:Originally posted by buddymander

Oh don't forget to mention that they have a very unrewarding job, because all of their hard body/ prep work is the kind of thing that, when done correctly, doesn't show at all.

sigpicJimmie
      Orange County, Indiana

Comment

Armando and me are prepping the jambs and such today. He's gonna shoot them with single stage in an hour or so. The car wasn't anywhere near ready to paint on Saturday as he'd thought. Aiming for next Saturday now. If the new front panel from SASCO gets here in time. If not - then the NEXT Saturday.... We only have access to the paint booth on Saturday. Worth waiting for as it's a state-of-the-art booth!

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
        1963 Cruiser
        1960 Larkvertible V8
        1958 Provincial wagon
        1953 Commander coupe
        1957 President two door

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

If I don't keep the few Twenties I still have, I will not have enough to pay the final bill. I do happen to know that the main guy does have a favorite carry-out at Arby's Restaurant so I just might make use of this idea.

Thank you,
          Jimmie
          Orleans, Indiana

quote:Originally posted by hotwheels63r2

Place various 6 packs of beer and a few 20 dollar bills in separate envelopes in the back seat.

Make some conversation with one or more of the guys and try to relay what you expect out of them. Hint at what you left for them in the back seat........

sigpicJimmie
          Orange County, Indiana

Comment

I have slipped the painter a few bucks in times past. Can't say that I got a better job than I would have, but I was always pleased with the results.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
            1963 Cruiser
            1960 Larkvertible V8
            1958 Provincial wagon
            1953 Commander coupe
            1957 President two door

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Working...
            X