shipping to Canada

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• shipping to Canada

I have some parts on e-bay right now and someone from Canada wants to bid but I don't know anything about shipping to Canada. Is this a tuff thing to do?? who do you use as a shipping company. Not a big item. 20x30x4 inches. Thanks. I assume he will pay with PayPal.

1956 Studebaker Pelham Wagon Houston, Texas
    Remember, \"When all is said and done. More is always said then ever done.\"

I'd check with USPS on that one.

Comment

How about some of our SDC Canadian members. Is shipping a tough process to get done?

Comment

not tough at all really, just use the post office, if you use UPS or another courier we have to pay steep brokerage fees, where with the Post office we don't .

Evan Davis
        Prairie Bulletin
        Saskatchewan Chapter
        Prince Albert, Sk
        Evan Davis
        Prince Albert, Sk

Comment

SASCO has shipped to me a number times via UPS. Customs work done by UPS and all I have to pay is their brokerage fee. USPS works well to. FED-EX delivers up here as well. Haven't had anything shipped in by them however so am not too sure how they work customs wise.

Doug

6E40-195 1963 Canadian Lark VY-6

Chatsworth, Ontario, Canada
          1963 Canadian Lark VY-6 4E2-122 Deluxe Scotsman

Bognor, Ontario, Canada

Comment

KG

USPS is the way to go. It's what I use.

However, what you call a not large package is substantial enough that you may be quite suprised at the cost required.

Go to the USPS website and just do a sample calculation. Just use the International calculator.

Make sure to allow for shipping cost calculation after the item sell to be sure you recoup your costs.

Bob

Comment

Thanks everyone. I will check out USPS.

Comment

Go to USPS, Check on a "Flat Rate box" if items weigh a lot. That is your best bet. You will have to fill out a declaration form, put down "Antique Auto Parts"

Jim
                "We can't all be Heroes, Some us just need to stand on the curb and clap as they go by" Will Rogers

We will provide the curb for you to stand on and clap!

Indy Honor Flight www.IndyHonorFlight.org

As of Veterans Day 2017, IHF has flown 2,450 WWII, Korean, and Vietnam Veterans to Washington DC at NO charge! to see
                their Memorials!

Comment

I purchased tons of stuff from USA sellers. Use the USPS it is the cheapest in the long run, all you have to do is fill out a Green Custom form that attached to the parcel.It takes a minute or so. Do you buyer a favor and check off "Gift" or declare the item amount as Under $40 USD. Your Canadian buyer will not have to pay import Taxes on item under $40 USD and no Brokerage fees if you use USPS. If you use UPS or FedEx he his going to get whacked with outrageous brokerage fees and import taxes. Describe the Item as "Old Studebaker Parts" and the Customs agent will pass them through without all the BS.

1964 R2 GT Hawk

1963 Daytona Convertible
                  Oakville, Ontario.
                  Hamilton Chapter
                  See you in Cedar Rapids Summer 2009
                  1964 GT Hawk
                  PSMCDR 2014
                  Best time: 14.473 sec. 96.57 MPH quarter mile
                  PSMCDR 2013
                  Best time: 14.654 sec. 94.53 MPH quarter

Victoria, Canada

Comment

All of the above. I've been bringing in parts for a couple of years. USPS is cheapest, UPS is faster but the brokerage fee is a little stiff. Big stuff, like a 1000lb rotisserie, required a customs broker and shipping to a dock. My builder guy is always amazed that I can have parts here by UPS from Phil Harris @ Fairborn or from SI, in a couple of days. Try special ordering parts from a brand x dealer...

There are really lazy vendors on eBay who won't fill out the USPS form to ship to Canada. In those cases I ask them to ship to a known Stude vendor in the U.S.(with permission) and have them included with my next order to Canada from that vendor. As Johnny Cash once said: "I built it one piece at a time..."
                    Dave Warren (Perry Mason by day, Perry Como by night)

Comment

Do NOT use UPS since they are not bonded and you will have to pay brokerage fees.
                      Fedex is the best and they ARE bonded so no problem with customs.
                      However, if the items are small enough or light enough, just use regular mail -- works well.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by studebaker-R2-4-me
                        Do you buyer a favor and check off "Gift" or declare the item amount as Under $40 USD. Your Canadian buyer will not have to pay import Taxes on item under $40 USD and no Brokerage fees if you use USPS.

I sure wouldn't advise someone to lie on this form. You MAY not get caught in the lie, but the penalties if you do get caught are rather severe.

(never a good idea to lie anyway)

Dick Steinkamp
                        Bellingham, WA

Dick Steinkamp
                        Bellingham, WA

Comment

Working...
                        X