Replacement rocker panels for a '66

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replacement rocker panels for a '66

We have a '66 Cruiser 4-dr sedan with 283 V-8 and Borg Warner Auto Trans. Unfortunately, it has cancer in the trunk lid, lower front fenders and the rockers are eaten up. I saw in Turning Wheels that replacement rocker panels are available. How hard is it to replace the rockers, and what is required? The fenders and trunk can be fixed with body filler. After we get the body situated, we plan to install dual exhausts and a 4V carb and intake.
    edp/NC
    \'63 Avanti
    \'66 Commander

quote:Originally posted by edpjr

We have a '66 Cruiser 4-dr sedan with 283 V-8 and Borg Warner Auto Trans. Unfortunately, it has cancer in the trunk lid, lower front fenders and the rockers are eaten up. I saw in Turning Wheels that replacement rocker panels are available. How hard is it to replace the rockers, and what is required? The fenders and trunk can be fixed with body filler. After we get the body situated, we plan to install dual exhausts and a 4V carb and intake.
    Being that I just bought a 1966 4 door as well; I will be following this thread closely

Now for weird: despite my car being a (probable) Arizona native...........it too has bad rocker/front fender rust. OTOH: my hood, trunk lid, quarter panels, etc. are solid and the floorboards look to be OK as well. This poor car has not been registered since 1975.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Borrowed Bams50's sigline here:

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"
    --------------------------------------

Sold my 1962; Studeless at the moment

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

Comment

The rust in the fenders and rockers are one of several factory(rust) options ya got whether ya wanted em or not.
      Kim
      quote:Originally posted by 1962larksedan

Being that I just bought a 1966 4 door as well; I will be following this thread closely

Now for weird: despite my car being a (probable) Arizona native...........it too has bad rocker/front fender rust. OTOH: my hood, trunk lid, quarter panels, etc. are solid and the floorboards look to be OK as well. This poor car has not been registered since 1975.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by kamzack

The rust in the fenders and rockers are one of several factory(rust) options ya got whether ya wanted em or not.
        Kim
        quote:Originally posted by 1962larksedan

That I believe [:0]

I looked at a 1962 Lark sedan locally a couple of years ago-----------it too had severely rusted rockers along with the lower portions of its doors.

--------------------------------------

Sold my 1962; Studeless at the moment

Comment

Working...
        X