Help me identify this part.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help me identify this part.

Im, down to my last half dozen banker's boxes in my dad's stash and I have run into one part that the parts books and book F are of no use. The item in question was identified with part number 673285. This number does't appear in any of my books, I have tried inverting numbers subing 1 for the 7, 8 for the 3 ect, etc. I cannot come up with anything close. Here are some pictures with dimensions.

The center hole is 3/4" in diameter, the two smaller holes are 21/64" or a slip fit for a 5/16" bolt. The height of the dome is roughly 1/2". Without pulling a mic out they seem to be stamped from 20 ga. Any leads are appreciated

Jon Krimm
    1962 Lark Sedan

1961 Champ

These were used on early cars as firewall grommet retainers (speedo cable, harness, etc). You use the 2 steel shells to hold 2 tapered rubber donuts.
    You may find them in a pre-53 parts book.

Ray

Specializing in Studebaker Restoration
    Ray

www.raylinrestoration.com
    Specializing in Studebaker Restoration

Comment

I don't find that number in any parts book either, but it does appear in Book F around 1950 (before and after). Called a retainer. I'm guessing it's part of the clutch release shaft support at the outer end of the shaft. Parts book illustrates it without a part number, just says NSS (not sold separately).

[img][img]
      Dwain G.
      Restorations by Skip Towne

Comment

Working...
      X