66 Wire wheel Spinner Hub Caps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 66 Wire wheel Spinner Hub Caps

Hey everyone, Im looking for a set of the rare Wire wheel hub caps for a 1966 Studebaker, Ive seen pictures of my Cruiser back in the 80's and early 90's with them on it, something happened to them, I didnt get them with the car, so I was just wondering if anyone has a set they would be willing to sell, thanks

Eric Harnett
    1966 Cruiser
    Hamilton Ontario
    Hamilton Chapter
    Eric Harnett
    1966 Cruiser
    Hamilton Ontario
    Hamilton Chapter

quote:Originally posted by EHarnett

Hey everyone, Im looking for a set of the rare Wire wheel hub caps for a 1966 Studebaker, Ive seen pictures of my Cruiser back in the 80's and early 90's with them on it, something happened to them, I didnt get them with the car, so I was just wondering if anyone has a set they would be willing to sell, thanks

Eric Harnett
    1966 Cruiser
    Hamilton Ontario
    Hamilton Chapter
    I see them occasionally in the $600-$1000 range. Too expensive to run on a driver in my opinion.

JDP/Maryland
    JDP Maryland

Comment

I don't think these are '66 specific, but are these what you are thinking about? I know where they are now, $75 a piece.

[img][/img]

Comment

Those are what Im thinking about, theyre in the 1966 Accessories booklet, I dont know if they were on other years, I really just want to get a set, Im trying to get the car looking the way it did from the factory, if you could tell me where to get them, I would greatly appreciate it, thanks.

Eric Harnett
        1966 Cruiser
        Hamilton Ontario
        Hamilton Chapter
        Eric Harnett
        1966 Cruiser
        Hamilton Ontario
        Hamilton Chapter

Comment

Those are accessory caps for 1964-66 cars.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by barnlark

I don't think these are '66 specific, but are these what you are thinking about? I know where they are now, $75 a piece.

[img][/img]
            The hard part is finiding the special clips that hold them to the wheel.

Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia. '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Daytona convertible, '53 Commander Starliner, Museum R-4 engine, '62 Gravely Model L, '72 Gravely Model 430

Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia.
            '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Avanti R-1, Museum R-4 engine, '72 Gravely Model 430 with Onan engine

Comment

Right you are, Paul. I think that's why there are only two. Even with the clips, they flew off. That, or maybe they didn't have clips and that's why they are now two more lost socks.

Comment

I was talking to a vendor at Lancaster who was working on screwing the small poverty caps to the back side of the wire caps. He was looking for the appropriate poverty cap so that the depth was correct. When finished all he had to do was just tap them on to the rim. No clips are needed. Wonder if it worked.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by 53k

quote:Originally posted by barnlark

[img][/img]
                  The hard part is finiding the special clips that hold them to the wheel.

I bought the clips from SASCO believe it or not.

Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia. '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Daytona convertible, '53 Commander Starliner, Museum R-4 engine, '62 Gravely Model L, '72 Gravely Model 430

I bought the clips from SASCO believe it or not.

JDP/Maryland
                  JDP Maryland

Comment

SASCO has the metal clips and the rubber bumpers. You need both. Price works out to about 10 bucks for the clip and rubber and you need 5 per wheel. So, that's $50 per wheel times 4 wheels. That's $200 for a set of clips.

Comment

Yikes

Comment

quote:Originally posted by studefan

SASCO has the metal clips and the rubber bumpers. You need both. Price works out to about 10 bucks for the clip and rubber and you need 5 per wheel. So, that's $50 per wheel times 4 wheels. That's $200 for a set of clips.
                        When I was looking for clips three or four years ago SASCO claimed they didn't have any. I ended up getting clips and pads from an early T-Bird vendor for a WHOLE lot less than the SASCO price you list.

'64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Avanti R-1, Museum R-4 engine, '72 Gravely Model 430 with Onan engine

Comment

Do you still have your Paul? I have the full bar spinner for the 64 hawk, only problem with them are they can rust since they are chrome plated...bob

Bob Peterson / C & B Studebakers

Castro Valley, CA

Candbstudebakers
                          Castro Valley,
                          California

Comment

quote:Originally posted by 53k

quote:Originally posted by studefan

When I was looking for clips three or four years ago SASCO claimed they didn't have any. I ended up getting clips and pads from an early T-Bird vendor for a WHOLE lot less than the SASCO price you list.

After I bought your caps, SASCO found the clips Paul.

JDP/Maryland
                            JDP Maryland

Comment

quote:Originally posted by candbstudebakers

Do you still have your Paul? I have the full bar spinner for the 64 hawk, only problem with them are they can rust since they are chrome plated...bob
                              Unfortunately I let them go with the Avanti when I sold it. I listed it with an offer of NOS regular wheel covers and $500 off the car price if the buyer didn't want them, but he took them anyhow.

Comment

Working...
                              X