CASO spare tire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CASO spare tire

I was out garage sailing this morning and I found a pretty good ST15/205D75 tire for $3. I need a spare tire. I recognize that this is a trailer tire. What would be wrong with using a tire designed for trailer use as a spare?

1950 Champion 4 Dr.
    Holdrege NE
    John
    1950 Champion
    W-3 4 Dr. Sedan
    Holdrege NE

Just that the speed limitation is usually 45 mph.

Comment

This is a teeny-tiny bit OT, but I'll tell you what I did. I got "tired"(he-he)of dealing with flat tires on my project and parts studes. Even paid wreckin' yard prices for Furd Bronco rims with tires that held air, but only for awhile. They did not fit the greatest, with current wide tyres. So, I rounded up a couple sets of new Chrysler 300 donut spares that were free for the taking. Pleeze, don't ax me how that opportunity knocked. They fit perfect(same bolt pattern), and I have 17"x 4" rollers that never go flat, and have excellent wheel well clearance, to boot. Good Day.

Comment

Thank for the heads up. jimmijim
        sigpicAnything worth doing deserves your best shot. Do it right the first time. When you're done you will know it. { I'm just the guy who thinks he knows everything, my buddy is the guy who knows everything.} cheers jimmijim*****SDC***** member

Comment

That is a good find, Pinchbolt. What models of Studebakers would match Chrysler 300 rims?

1950 Champion 4 Dr.
          Holdrege NE
          John
          1950 Champion
          W-3 4 Dr. Sedan
          Holdrege NE

Comment

Lothar, even in the era of metri****ation(progress), the old 4 1/2 on 5 wheel bolt pattern Stude-O-bakers had is still utilized, here and ther! You'd think they(young whippersnapper design teams)would have screwed us out of it by now, in the name of advanced engineering. But nonetheless, The rims I have used are found on rear-wheel drive MoPar Chrysler 300's and FoMoCo Linkin' Town Carz. The applications for do-nut weelz from cars that will fit prolly are much more extensive than that. Good luck ,, patrolling the wreckin' yards. Hurry,though: before the priviledged, idealistic softies in congress outlaw parting out old cars altogether, in order to Save Our Planet From Pollution. And Eyesores. Thank Me. Later.

Comment

Working...
            X