STUDEBAKERS FOR BUSINESS USE.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• STUDEBAKERS FOR BUSINESS USE.

Here is a new one,how many Stude people are actually using a Studebaker for a business?

Joseph R. Zeiger
    Joseph R. Zeiger

Me

Comment

Dan Dobbins uses a Studebaker at IOCS (Island Oil Change Service) Long Island, NY.

Brad Johnson
      Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
      '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight
      Brad Johnson,
      SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
      Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
      '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
      '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

I will be if I find the right car.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Tom - Mulberry, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2125.60)

Tom - Bradenton, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2514.10)
        1964 Studebaker Commander - 170 1V, 3-Speed w/OD

Comment

I used to, but I am retired now so I don't use any vehicle for business <G>.

Gary L.
          Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
          Studebaker enthusiast much longer
          Gary L.
          Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
          Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

As a salesman, I have used my Studebaker's to my advantage several times. Sometimes on purpose and sometimes by accident. When I first began to call on the BMW project headquarters, I couldn't get anywhere. One day I drove my Land cruiser to the building they had leased for their headquarters. For about the fifth time I was turned away at the lobby. As I was getting on the elevator to leave, a gentleman stepped in with me. We struck up a conversation. As we exited the elevator, he explained that he was going out to the parking lot to see the Studebaker someone had parked there. Turns out he was the "Senior Project Manager" for the new BMW plant. After the short tour of the Land cruiser, I spent the rest of the day with BMW officials, contractors, and engineers. I enjoyed several years of business there. I conducted classes for their first painters, supplied spray equipment, pumps, sealer stations, curing ovens, air tools,etc...all because of showing up one day in my big bullet nose Land cruiser.

John Clary
            Greer, SC

I have only two limitations ...BRAINS & ENERGY
            SDC member since 1975
            John Clary
            Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

I use my '62 GT Hawk for sales calls, except in the CBD,(don't want to risk the tight underground car parks, and my intended victims would'n see him anyway). I'm in industrial water treatment and usually deal with engineering type people, the Hawk has got me into a few places where I've been turned away before, like John Clary.
              My son's (who is my 2IC), everyday vehicle is a '66 Valiant Wayfarer ute, he finds the same situation, but of course the Hawk pulls more business
              Who said Studebaker didn't do business anymore

Matt
              Brisbane
              Australia
              Matt
              Brisbane
              Australia
              sigpic

Visit my Blog: http://www.mattsoilyrag.blogspot.com.au/

Comment

I wish, but right now it is in the "business" of being a project.

Alex Nelsen
                1954 Champion Coupe
                Lizella, GA
                Alex Nelsen, certified Studebaker nut.
                Driving a 1954 Champion Coupe powered by a Chrysler 383.
                Lizella, GA

Comment

I use mine every day for home repair/handyman projects. I cut a thick rubber mat for the bed to help prevent damage. This ol truck hauls dirt, lumber, brick, ladders, paint and rubble. It also hauls my weary ol butt home every day!

Comment

Once I put the 16-18ft flatbed on it, my E-40 (pictured in my sig) will be hard at work during hay season hauling bales in from the field to the barn as well as bringing in building materials for repair of the barn and fencing.

Doug

6E40-195 1963 Canadian Lark VY-6

Chatsworth, Ontario, Canada
                    1963 Canadian Lark VY-6 4E2-122 Deluxe Scotsman

Bognor, Ontario, Canada

Comment

I have been using a Studebaker to call on my accounting and tax clients on a regular basis for the last 16 years.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                        X