Just sayig hi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just sayig hi

Just wanted to introduce myself to everyone; my wife and I just purchased our first Studebaker, a '62 Lark Regal convertible with a 259 auto (white with red top and interior). I have been around Studes for a while through my uncle, Nollie Hinton from Northeast Florida (some of you may know him). Anyway I figured I should at least say hello before I started asking a bunch of questions! So....Hello!

SteveH

Its not the years in your life that matters, its the life in your years.

Welcome to the forum and tell us more about your Studebaker.

JDP/Maryland
    JDP Maryland

Comment

Welcome to the Studebaker Family! Sounds like you're going first class with a very desirable car!

John Clary
      Greer, SC

I have only two limitations ...BRAINS & ENERGY
      SDC member since 1975
      John Clary
      Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Well hey!

Another Steve; another '62 Lark...we're gonna give all those Bobs a run for their money yet, I say...

Welcome to this crazy, wonderful community!

Steve T
        62 Lark VI
        (car and owner both built in Hamilton, Ontario)

Comment

Thanks for the welcome guys. I just bought the car and have yet to get it home (North Alabama) from the Jacksonville FL area. It does need a little work but I should have it out and about in a couple of months.

Comment

Welcome Steve. Hope your couple of months project doesn't run as long as some of mine have. In any case, enjoy the car and please keep us updated on your progress.

1952 Champion Starlight, 1962 Daytona, both w/overdrive.Searcy,Arkansas
            "I may be lazy, but I'm not shiftless."
            "In the heart of Arkansas."
            Searcy, Arkansas
            1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
            1952 2R pickup

Comment

Welcome to the Forum and post some PICS of your Studebaker!

<h5>Mark
              '57 Transtar Deluxe
              Vancouver Island

The NW Overdrive Tour in Parksville, BC
              May 23 & 24, 2009; check it out at -
              http://sdcvi.shawwebspace.ca/
              </h5>
              Mark Hayden
              '66 Commander

Comment

Welcome to the Forum!

I've known Nollie for a long time, and think a lot of him. He even let me drive his '02 Avanti convertible at a show once.

Nice guy with a lot of nice cars. [8D] Next time ya talk to him, tell him I said hello.

Matthew Burnette
                Hazlehurst, GA

Comment

Welcome, welcome! I have a 63...foor door...custom...I wish mine were a convertable...BUT it does have the 259! I love that motor. I cannot find any complaints with it.

1963 Lark, 259 V8, two-tone paint, Twin Traction. Now that the salt is off the roads, she is getting back into regular rotation!

Comment

Welcome to the forum, that is a sweet car you got!

Dylan Wills

'61 lark deluxe 4 door wagon
                    Dylan Wills
                    Everett, Wa.

1961 Lark 4 door wagon
                    1961 Lark 4 door wagon #2 (Wife's car!)
                    1955 VW Beetle (Went to the dark side)
                    1914 Ford Model T

Comment

Welcome to the group. Were looking forward to seeing some pictures of your Lark. If you encounter problems you'll find some very knowlegible and helpful people here. I wish you the best of luck with your new toy.

Studebaker’s New V-8 Triumph and tragedy, An Independent Automobile Company’s quest to survive a change in it’s reality. By: Murray D. Stahl...

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain !

http://sites.google.com/site/intrigu...tivehistories/

(/url) https://goo.gl/photos/ABBDQLgZk9DyJGgr5

Comment

Thanks again for the warm welcome! I'll get pics up in a couple of days, I'm out of town on business until the end of the week so I'm doing the remote access thing.

SteveH

Comment

Working...
                        X