Mr. Shaw,please,

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mr. Shaw,please,

I am a fairly new member and have been GUILTY,yes, sadly guilty of reading,and enjoying this great bunch of hobbyists sometimes reading the "input" several times. However, i read the "message" about the idea that if all the people would put their general place of residence as a helpful way to know where , our friends are,in case, they or we need assistance ,or whatever, my dilema is that when I tried to do what you suggested, I coudn't find myself.......I mean on the members list,,,please help me find out what I have to do to help the SDC.. I have been very impressed by a couple of "OUR" members,and I need them to continue to help me and hopefully return if able. I must admit that I don't know too much about this computer stuff ,if it wasn't made 35+ years ago like our cars, I get lost in all the wiring under the hood.Simple works for me . Sorry if I rambled a bit ,I just want to make sure I don't lose you guys. Thank you ...Stan

I found you, Stan. You're in San Francisco. We don't want to lose you either.
    Brad Johnson,
    SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
    Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
    '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
    '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Stan; you have your residence CITY on your profile, but what would be cooler, is to add it to your "SIGNATURE" if you want people to see it better. You click on the tiny little word "PROFILE" at the top of the page, then you will need to re-input your password to update it. Then just add to your signature, whatever you want it to say. Or pics.

Personally, I hate to have to scan down half of my screen to get past those signatures that are four inches long, with all the car lists and pics etc. [xx(][xx(] And what's worse is people do not delete all the HTML language for the pics on a reply, and it copies all that stuff AGAIN ! ...just make it SHORT !

StudeRich
      Studebakers Northwest
      Ferndale, WA
      StudeRich
      Second Generation Stude Driver,
      Proud '54 Starliner Owner
      SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Aw... C'mon Rich? Where's the fun in that?
        Now, Stan's city of San Fransisco is a one-of-a-kind place (in many ways...). However, in my case, I'd have to put California in enlarged letters and caps to keep people from asking:
        "Lewiston, you mean in Idaho?"[)]

Lotsa Larks!
        K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
        Ron Smith
        Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
        K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
        Ron Smith
        Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

In many ways this is a "one of a kind " place,thank the lord I'm moving to San diego soon.The weather isn't foggy down there, and you can see the road better,I hear,,thanks for everyones help.

Comment

quote:The weather isn't foggy down there, and you can see the road better,I hear
            Most of the year, that is a true statement, others- not so much!!! Overall I would say our weather is better then 95% of the Country at any given moment, though!!! [8D] Look me up when you get here- we have a nice little Club waiting for you to join...

StudeDave [8D]
            V/P San Diego County SDC
            San Diego, Ca

'54 Commander 4dr 'Ruby'
            '57 Parkview (it's a 2dr wagon...) 'Betsy'
            '57 Commander 2dr 'Baby'
            '57 Champion 2dr 'Jewel'
            '58 Packard sedan 'Cleo'
            '65 Cruiser 'Sweet Pea'
            StudeDave '57
            US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
            SDC Member since 1985

past President
            Whatcom County Chapter SDC
            San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
            San Diego Chapter SDC
            North Florida Chapter SDC

Comment

Ron, you're not staying very close to your "goal"!

Hey, if I listed all my currently owned Studes there would be a list longer than JDP's, ...40+ and hundreds, if I listed ALL of em I've owned!^] Seriously though, I think you guys need to see if you can put the pics and list side by side, or something so it does not cover half of my 17in. Monitor! [^]

quote:Originally posted by studeclunker

Aw... C'mon Rich? Where's the fun in that?
              Keep It Simple Studebaker!
              Ron Smith
              StudeRich
              Studebakers Northwest
              Ferndale, WA
              StudeRich
              Second Generation Stude Driver,
              Proud '54 Starliner Owner
              SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Something I often do is unclick on the "check here to include your profile signature" at the bottom of the posting screen.
                Brad Johnson,
                SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
                Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
                '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Working...
                X