shocks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• shocks

Looking for a set of adjustible shocks for my R-2 Wagonaire?

check out the interchange on my web site, also there was another page that had some pictures and info on modifying some KYBs to fit an Avanti but I can't seem to find the page at the moment.

nate

--
    55 Commander Starlight
    --
    55 Commander Starlight
    http://members.cox.net/njnagel

Comment

Studebaker offered accessory air shocks for the rear. I had a set of Studebaker AC---- shocks on my 1963 Daytona Wagonaire. They made a major difference in handling, as well as load carrying. The air valve goes into the pan below the bumper and lines feed both shocks together. You might check with SASCO to see if they have any more NOS kits.

Gary L.
      Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
      Studebaker enthusiast much longer
      Gary L.
      Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
      Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

This may be a little more work than you want to get into, but I've done this on 2-66 Larks...remove the rear spring plate & heat & bend the shockmount so that it's perpendicular to the ground. Monroe MA1157 air shocks ( for a 69 Roadrunner/etc) will fit with the addition of a shock mount stud in the Stude spring plate. You can do this without removing the plate also, just heat the plate with a torch in the bend area.

Comment

if I'm envisioning this right, you could do the same thing without bending by swapping to earlier (53?-62) spring plates. Was not aware that the RR shocks would work, will have to punch that up next time I'm bored and compare lengths with what I know about STude shocks (won't happen soon though, free time is at a premium lately...)

nate

--
          55 Commander Starlight
          --
          55 Commander Starlight
          http://members.cox.net/njnagel

Comment

Working...
          X