60 Lark Convert. actuator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 60 Lark Convert. actuator

A friend wants to sell the complete convertible lift mechanism from a 60 Lark, with the electric/hydraulic drive mechanism, a clean take-out (years ago) from the first new car he ever bought. He does not have the top itself, of course. I think it recently dawned on him that he's not likely to get another convertible Lark.

What do you folks suppose that ought to be worth? I'm not seeing this as a e-Bay item, and thought I'd place an ad for him, starting with our chapter newsletter.

When you say "mechanism", do you mean the lift cylinders and the electric motor with the hoses? Used cylinders have cracked and blown fluid everywhere, or just leaked on me. The 60 Lark cylinders are a specific size, though. Longer than the '61 to '64s. If they are still good, they are worth something, but brand new ones are about $135. a piece and safe. The motors tend to get gunked up and need a complete rebuild if they have been sitting, too. Rebuild kits are cheap for the rubber parts. If it can be tested to work, it all may be worth $100 or better. Just my guess, though.

Comment

Yes, that's the part[s]. Thanks a lot.

Comment

Used parts are worth what ever you can get, no one can put a price on what you might get, times change as we know right now, things are selling on e-bay but at a different and slower rate,I like the idea you wanted to see what the group thinks, some one might really need it here but are on hard times and could use some help, on e-pay might not even feel they could bid. thanks and tell you friend thanks...Bob

Bob Peterson / C & B Studebakers

Castro Valley, CA

Candbstudebakers
        Castro Valley,
        California

Comment

Working...
        X