Closing out shop, major bummer to me.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Closing out shop, major bummer to me.

I finially have to admit I can no longer physically enjoy working on the old cars, shoulder replacements looking to be options in near future, no pity here but I need to liquidate vehicles, tools, lifts, shop tools, trailers, etc. so I can close shop. I still have a '54 Stude Champion coupe, unfinished bonneville-styled project, fiberglass front end, trunk lid, dashboard, bumpers, etc. All items in Clinton, SC (I-26, between Columbia,SC and Asheville, NC) Thanks!
    Calvin 864-547-0272 (leave message!), email: oldcarfart@aol.com

Sorry to hear you got to close.

Dylan Wills

'61 lark deluxe 4 door wagon
    Dylan Wills
    Everett, Wa.

1961 Lark 4 door wagon
    1961 Lark 4 door wagon #2 (Wife's car!)
    1955 VW Beetle (Went to the dark side)
    1914 Ford Model T

Comment

Happens to us all if we live long enough. FWIW, a friend of mine went through a similar experience. I have no way of knowing the overhead cost of retaining your shop, but my friend kept his shop and shared it with a younger friend who worked on the shop owner's car half-time in return for the use of the space, tools and advice on his own projects.

thnx, jack vines

PackardV8
      PackardV8

Comment

Yes; 'sorry to read this, Calvin. Hang in there. BP
        We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Sorry to hear this Calvin , you have been a good buyer over the years, hope to maybe still see at some of the meets in the future....Bob

Bob Peterson / C & B Studebakers

Castro Valley, CA

Candbstudebakers
          Castro Valley,
          California

Comment

quote:Originally posted by oldcarfart

I finially have to admit I can no longer physically enjoy working on the old cars, shoulder replacements looking to be options in near future, no pity here but I need to liquidate vehicles, tools, lifts, shop tools, trailers, etc. so I can close shop. I still have a '54 Stude Champion coupe, unfinished bonneville-styled project, fiberglass front end, trunk lid, dashboard, bumpers, etc. All items in Clinton, SC (I-26, between Columbia,SC and Asheville, NC) Thanks!
            Calvin 864-547-0272 (leave message!), email: oldcarfart@aol.com
            Can you do an 'equity trade', whereby you hire someone to finish off your project for you in trade for the cars and parts you don't need and/or free rent in the unused bay(s) in your shop for a time? That way, you can get your car finished, and still keep it.

Craig

Comment

Calvin, I am sad to hear that your health is forcing this decision upon you. Any chance you will be well enough to be at the International meet in July?

Gord Richmond, within Weasel range of the Alberta Badlands
              Gord Richmond, within Weasel range of the Alberta Badlands

Comment

It's pretty much an item I have been blowing off for awhile, now it's becoming an butt-biter. I never was one to keep a car, I enjoyed the build, engineering obstacles, etc., etc. and over the years lived car poor and tool poor (the hand tools go AFTER I do <grin&gt but blast cabinet's, bead rollers, benders are not in my future. I tried using a shrinker-stretcher unit not to long ago to find out I did not have the strength or the dexterity to operate the foot pedal unit. It's just time to downsize, sell off unnecessary <sp?> items, pay off all debt, sit back and enjoy more car events and comrades in automotive lust.

Comment

As it is with a lot of forum members we've never met personally. However I think I have a pretty good pulse on your personality just reading you post's over the past decade. I dig your attitude and hope that I can pull it off when its time for me to set the tools down. You young dudes in the vicintiy of OCF need to pick his brain and let him train you in the use of some of the specialty items. Wish I had someone around to show me how to use some metal fab tools.
                  Best Wishes OCF
                  quote:Originally posted by oldcarfart

It's pretty much an item I have been blowing off for awhile, now it's becoming an butt-biter. I never was one to keep a car, I enjoyed the build, engineering obstacles, etc., etc. and over the years lived car poor and tool poor (the hand tools go AFTER I do <grin&gt but blast cabinet's, bead rollers, benders are not in my future. I tried using a shrinker-stretcher unit not to long ago to find out I did not have the strength or the dexterity to operate the foot pedal unit. It's just time to downsize, sell off unnecessary <sp?> items, pay off all debt, sit back and enjoy more car events and comrades in automotive lust.

Russ Shop Foreman "Rusty Nut Garage"
                  53 2R6 289 5SpdOD (driver)
                  57 SH (project)
                  60 Lark VIII 2dr sd (driver)

Russ Shop Foreman \"Rusty Nut Garage\"
                  53 2R6 289 5SpdOD (driver)
                  57 SH (project)
                  60 Lark VIII 2dr sd (driver)

Comment

Do you have any c- body stuff?

Alex Nelsen
                    1954 Champion Coupe
                    Lizella, GA
                    Alex Nelsen, certified Studebaker nut.
                    Driving a 1954 Champion Coupe powered by a Chrysler 383.
                    Lizella, GA

Comment

I have a whole '54 coupe body shell, very nice condition, numerous parts trim, upgrades, accessories.

quote:Originally posted by Nelsen Motorsports

Do you have any c- body stuff?

Alex Nelsen
                      1954 Champion Coupe
                      Lizella, GA

Comment

Calvin,nothing wrong with dialing it down a notch or two! You just keep on keeping on! Miss your insight here on the forum. Lets have more of the OCF wisdom we love!!

Comment

Working...
                        X