57 Wagon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 57 Wagon

This has been run through a number of times and each time I can't believe it doesn't sell. Is there something I'm missing? Has anyone checked this out in person? I'm from OH and I've seen rust. THAT isn't rust. Just kinda tired? What is it about this nice 57 Wagon?

It is as the description says it to be. Maybe those interested in a wagon don't like some of the discrepancies when compared to the selling price and a better condition one needing less work. Doesn't look too bad to me but I'm not in the market so won't bid. For what it is described to need + selling price. Think about it. They all need work from time to time but what do you suppose a driver needing no rubber, tires, body work, paint and misc. would be worth in comparison? You may buy this one and if you are capable of doing all the work yourself may very well end up right side up. Better pictures sure would help. Lot of variables. If it was a Packard or President in like condition we wouldn't even be writing about the subject car. Would be nice as a custom with an upgraded brand x luxury type interior.{Used boneyard} Will be worth more than stock if done up tastefully no less than a mild resto-mod + better chance on investment return. My opinion. jimmijim
    sigpicAnything worth doing deserves your best shot. Do it right the first time. When you're done you will know it. { I'm just the guy who thinks he knows everything, my buddy is the guy who knows everything.} cheers jimmijim*****SDC***** member

Comment

Here's a little story about this car from a previous post. The listing has changed several times to reveal certain problems with the car (particularly after John's visit.) At the time, the price was $4000 and he was not willing to drop it (we even had a trailer in tow.) Remember, though, that our mechanical ability is not up to taking on such a project, so for others it might be a better deal at this point.

John and Tracy Smith
      Queen Creek Arizona

[IMG]

Comment

[:0]That explains a lot! Thanks for the response; I'll cross another off the list. I just always assume that cars in other parts of the country don't have rust issues.

Comment

It do have some rust isuzes as were plainly seen in photos. Pillar base was exceptionally not real good. I can think of other areas where they would be less critical and easier to repair. A great deal depends on the owner/repairman capability. Not for everybody. jimmijim
          sigpicAnything worth doing deserves your best shot. Do it right the first time. When you're done you will know it. { I'm just the guy who thinks he knows everything, my buddy is the guy who knows everything.} cheers jimmijim*****SDC***** member

Comment

WOW!!! It's back yet again. Looks like he got the ad right this time~ but, then again~ he has had lots of practice. I've given up trying to track how many times it's been listed now. One interesting thing~ I now see pictures of rust on a car that was being touted as having 'no rust' at all!!! [:0] It must be a magic car to have rusted out that fast...

How about that [?] [?] [?]

StudeDave '57 [8D]
            San Diego, CA (for now)

'54 Commander Regal 4dr 'Ruby'
            '57 Parkview 'Betsy' (she's a 2dr wagon)
            '57 Commander DeLuxe 2dr 'Baby'
            '57 Champion Custom 2dr 'Jewel'
            '58 Packard sedan 'Cleo'
            '65 Cruiser 'Sweet Pea'
            StudeDave '57
            US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
            SDC Member since 1985

past President
            Whatcom County Chapter SDC
            San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President