57 Silver Hawk Color suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 57 Silver Hawk Color suggestions

Hi! I would like to ask for pint suggestions for a 57 Silver Hawk. Potos would be nice but I was wanting to see what others have done other than what you see by searching the web.
    Looking for 2-tone ideas (anything but red). I would like to see if for example a dark blue with a lighter color accent on the fins and trunk area would also work well with the top the same color sort of like the 55's were painted.
    My favorite paint is on the cover of Turning Wheels - January 2008 that aqua and turquoise but that is a 56 - not being a artistic type I cant well picture if that would work on a silver hawk... Any cool shots appreciated!! I love copper but not a SH color - but it's nice!

Thanks!
    Ches in South Dakota.

Ches in So.Dakota
    55 Commander Coupe in parts.

Hey I'm gonna follow this thread closely because i was having trouble figuring out a color combo for my 57 SilverHawk as well. There's always red bottom and white top(above the chrome strip; white roof trunk, hood, tops of fenders, with white interior, but seems a lil 55 chevyish. This year has a different chrome strip configuration around the fin that I want to build on. Maybe black bottom with a silver top and grey interior...Has anybody ever heard of "The Desert Roadrunner"? That's what mine has on the fenders along with curved thermostat housing and cut out fan shroud for S/C. I think it was run around 1968.

Comment

Ches, ask and you will receive.....Bob

Bob Peterson / C & B Studebakers

Castro Valley, CA

Candbstudebakers
      Castro Valley,
      California

Comment

You want suggestions here you go! If you can somehow picture this '56 Power Hawk Blue and Snowcap White on a '57 with the fin White, and if you find the '55 C&K and '56 Hawk moulding below the rear window to do the roof also, it would be very sharp looking. [^]

There also is a similar '57 color, if you are wanting a '57 original color, it's Azure Blue Metallic and the '57 White that I think goes best with it, is Arctic White.

I took this pic of a car for sale in Snohomish, WA that was rolled on it's maiden drive after restoration, the right front and roof are crushed.

StudeRich at Studebakers Northwest -Ferndale,WA
        StudeRich
        Second Generation Stude Driver,
        Proud '54 Starliner Owner
        SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Our 1957 GoldenHawk

Our 1957 SilverHawk

Mabel 1949 Champion
          1957 Silverhawk
          1955 Champion 4Dr.Regal
          Gus 1958 Transtar
          1955 President State
          1957 Golden Hawk
          Fresno,Ca
          Mabel 1949 Champion
          Hawk 1957 Silverhawk
          Gus 1958 Transtar
          The Prez 1955 President State
          Blu 1957 Golden Hawk
          Daisy 1954 Regal Commander Starlight Coupe
          Fresno,Ca

Comment

This is close to what I was considering. Good example. That helps.

quote:Originally posted by StudeRich

You want suggestions here you go! If you can somehow picture this '56 Power Hawk Blue and Snowcap White on a '57 with the fin White, and if you find the '55 C&K and '56 Hawk moulding below the rear window to do the roof also, it would be very sharp looking. [^]

There also is a similar '57 color, if you are wanting a '57 original color, it's Azure Blue Metallic and the '57 White that I think goes best with it, is Arctic White.

I took this pic of a car for sale in Snohomish, WA that was rolled on it's maiden drive after restoration, the right front and roof are crushed.

StudeRich at Studebakers Northwest -Ferndale,WA
            Ches in So.Dakota

Comment

Wow! What is that color? White and/or Silver would go well with that too.

quote:Originally posted by Anne F. Goodman

Our 1957 GoldenHawk

Our 1957 SilverHawk

Mabel 1949 Champion
              1957 Silverhawk
              1955 Champion 4Dr.Regal
              Gus 1958 Transtar
              1955 President State
              1957 Golden Hawk
              Fresno,Ca
              Ches in So.Dakota

Comment

Annie's car is an Ice Blue, a silver-blue similar to the '64 Stude. Laguna Blue Metallic. Maybe she will remind us what make it came from.
                StudeRich
                Second Generation Stude Driver,
                Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Flat Black is always sinister!

Alex Nelsen
                  1954 Champion Coupe
                  Lizella, GA
                  Alex Nelsen, certified Studebaker nut.
                  Driving a 1954 Champion Coupe powered by a Chrysler 383.
                  Lizella, GA

Comment

Mine is Arctic White and Wedgewood Blue like in this signature photo below. This color combo surely make everyone turned their heads!

Steven

Comment

Mabel 1949 Champion
                      1957 Silverhawk
                      1955 Champion 4Dr.Regal
                      Gus 1958 Transtar
                      1955 President State
                      1957 Golden Hawk
                      Fresno,Ca
                      Mabel 1949 Champion
                      Hawk 1957 Silverhawk
                      Gus 1958 Transtar
                      The Prez 1955 President State
                      Blu 1957 Golden Hawk
                      Daisy 1954 Regal Commander Starlight Coupe
                      Fresno,Ca

Comment

I'm thinking of a two tone for my coupe as well. My thoughts are going to Hemi orange on the bottom in satin with a light grey top in gloss. But I'm still shopping too. Good luck on your search.

sals54
                        sals54

Comment

my fave is black with gold with red interior. if it was mine. you can have it in any color as long as it is black. h. ford. black screams class.

Comment

Anne,
                            your green one didnt show up the first couple times I looked but I never would have guess that combination would be so eye catching. You can see the lines of the car well with that. I've gotta ask, is that a non-matallic? And what color is yor interrior?

Just wanting to drive my Stude in the black hills.

Comment

I think I will be going for a green. Ill be posting a picture soon of what I have now but to change colors for a driver not sure it's worth doing the trunk, etc..

Just wanting to drive my Stude in the black hills.

Comment

Working...
                              X