Possible Scam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possible Scam

I sold this starter a couple of weeks ago. It went to NY. That is my picture I took of my starter.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/STUDEBAKER-259-289-STARTER_W0QQitemZ270381690249QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMotors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessori es?hash=item270381690249&_trksid=p4506.c0.m245&_trkparms=65%3A1|39%3A1|240%3A131 8

Sounds like we all need to start copywriting out pics...Oh well, what is it they say about the highest form of flattery?

Comment

Roy it seams strange, ask a few questions about it and see what they say... by the way I was going into some boxes yesterday and found a 47 drivers coupe trunk hinge do you want it and need it???..Bob

Bob Peterson / C & B Studebakers

Castro Valley, CA

Candbstudebakers
      Castro Valley,
      California

Comment

Bob, I may need the hinges. Do you have any old core antennas from 1947 to 1952?

Comment

I reported this to Ebay.

Comment

The guy probably just didn't want to have to take a pic of his starter and upload it. Maybe his camera is broke. I just don't see anything wrong with using your pic. I see a lot of things for sale on ebay using generic pics, anyway.

Comment

Buddymander, I see lots of problems. Is the guy to lazy that he can not get out of bed and have to resort on steeling pictures. What if the picture he shows does not match or show the starter as described or shown. What if I took a picture of your car, and try to sell on ebay as mine. Do you see a problem. One more thing, its not his to take!!!!

Comment

I think that if you USE someone elses picture on a sales ad, you
                should say so, its simple, "This is not a picture of the actual item
                for sale but represents what it looks like". I've seen other people
                do this on Craigslist.

Tom

'63 Avanti, zinc plated drilled & slotted 03 Mustang Cobra 13" front disc/98 GT rear brakes, 03 Cobra 17" wheels, GM alt, 97 Z28 leather seats, soon: TKO 5-spd, Ported heads w/SST full flow valves, 'R3' 276 cam, Edelbrock AFB Carb, GM HEI distributor, 8.8mm plug wires
                '63 Avanti R1, '03 Mustang Cobra 13" front disc/98 GT rear brakes, 03 Cobra 17" wheels, GM alt, 97 Z28 leather seats, TKO 5-spd, Ported heads w/SST full flow valves.
                Check out my disc brake adapters to install 1994-2004 Mustang disc brakes on your Studebaker!!
                http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...bracket-update
                I have also written many TECH how to articles, do a search for my Forum name to find them

Comment

Comment

But it's NOT a CAR. It's just a starter. I was interested in some hemi pistons and wanted a pic but the company wouldn't furnish a pic of the actual pistons; and not even a pic of some that were similar. I've seen generic pics used in very many ebay auctions. I don't think you're being fair to call it a scam; you haven't seen his starter. And the fact of the matter is; once you post a pic online, it belongs to EVERYBODY.

Comment

Roy,

Have you seen the pics that Richard Quinn has posted from time to time? He pastes "RICHARD QUINN COLLECTION" across the middle of the photos. This keeps someone from pirating his photos and documents. As buddy says, once you put it up on the internet - good luck keeping it private! I'm not defending the practice, but since he's not stating, "I'm selling this starter I got from one Roy Valdez"....[B)]

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                      1963 Cruiser
                      1960 Larkvertible V8
                      1958 Provincial wagon
                      1953 Commander coupe
                      1957 President two door

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

I emailed the guy and told him to check out this thread.

Comment

sbca96

I agree with what you stated. Had he done that, I would not mind. However, I like to see what I am buying from the seller. Also, As per ebay, All pictures are copy protected per ebay. They have a section on this topic.

Comment

Comment

On the same subject, this guy has been using a picture that I took of my Avanti to sell his carpets for about two years. The funny thing is my car had my carpets installed.

JDP/Maryland
                              JDP Maryland

Comment

Working...
                              X