Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need car hauled from N. CA. to CeRap

Shot in the dark here:

I need to get a car from Northern CA (Redding/Shasta) to NY. I'll be delivering a car to the Meet in Cedar Rapids, IA; so I could pick the car up there. The car needs restoring, but rolls and stops. It would easily load on a trailer or tow dolly.

If someone's coming to the Meet (or nearby), this might be a way to help defray your traveling expenses, and get the car on it's way. Of course, I can ship it the usual way, but seeing I'll be coming to CeRap anyway, it could work out well for everyone.

The car is with a friend who will coordinate on pickup.

If somebody is willing, let me know and we'll work out the details. Any help appreciated!

My e-mail is bams50@msn.com . Thanks!

Robert (Bob) Andrews- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys)
    Parish, central NY 13131

You bought a car that needs restoring??

[)][)][)] Just funnin' ya Bob.

Matthew Burnette
    Hazlehurst, GA

Comment

Thats how you restore a car. Put it in a different garage.
      Denny

Comment

It is a start, but the word restored is over used, dragging one from one place to another happens all the time, first you clean out the trunk and glove box and say I have started to restore my new find, most of them either get taken a part and never put back or just sit there, this world is full of wish full thinkers, but then there is nothing wrong with that either, some of us save as many as we can for the next guy or gal with hopes that some day it will happen, some become daily drivers and enjoyed by many then , the ones that drive them and the ones that get to see them, it is all for the best, lets keep it up...Bob

Bob Peterson / C & B Studebakers

Castro Valley, CA

Candbstudebakers
        Castro Valley,
        California

Comment

Bob, I'm sure glad you saved the 63 2dr Custom I bought from you in 2002. After having the car here in Indiana for a while, it became obvious I did not have the time or skills to "restore" it properly. I think you will be glad to hear that it is now in the capable hands of Ray Fitchtorn and WILL be driven and enjoyed!

Lanny Bertram
          Indy Chapter SDC
          63 2Dr Custom

Comment

Anyone know if Fred Cook is planning to go to Cedar Rapids? He lives in Redding, and does haul cars pretty often.

Gord Richmond, within Weasel range of the Alberta Badlands
            Gord Richmond, within Weasel range of the Alberta Badlands

Comment

Ha; oh I get it. I've re-stored plenty of cars...

Comment

Working...
              X