Studebaker Parts - Business or Hobby

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Studebaker Parts - Business or Hobby

Obviously with SASCO closing by the end of the year, and many other vendors on the gray side (no harm ment), there really needs to be a long term plan. Studebakers have been good to get into because parts have been available as both NOS and reproduction. Losing those parts suppliers over time can greatly hurt the club and car owners alike.

I know we have a lot of vendors that post in here and I would hope they will share there insights. These resources can not be taken for granted. After SASCO, who's next?

Where any of our parts people involved in parts at a dealership level prior to opening shop?

What led you to opening your own parts business?

I hate to prod into anyones finances, but can you share any of this? Start up money? Loans? What did it take to start up?

How many employees did you have at start up and how many do you have now?

Anything others should look out for? Suggestions?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Tom - Mulberry, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2125.60)

Tom - Bradenton, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2514.10)
    1964 Studebaker Commander - 170 1V, 3-Speed w/OD

No one in the auto parts business is in it for the money. Not any more, anyway.

Comment

I do NOT believe (and certainly hope) that small (home) parts businesses are in jeopardy of losing their storage spaces, like what has happened to SASCO, especially new parts that do not require a junk yard or a block long building to store.

Not to worry, there will be some vendors around for as long as we can get fuel for these dying internal combustion real Automobiles, which are unfortunately slowly being replaced with plastic transportation modules (devices) that just happen to have 4 wheels! [^]
      StudeRich
      Second Generation Stude Driver,
      Proud '54 Starliner Owner
      SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

quote:Originally posted by StudeRich
        slowly being replaced with plastic transportation modules (devices) that just happen to have 4 wheels!
        Its ALL about People Pods.

Tom
        '63 Avanti R1, '03 Mustang Cobra 13" front disc/98 GT rear brakes, 03 Cobra 17" wheels, GM alt, 97 Z28 leather seats, TKO 5-spd, Ported heads w/SST full flow valves.
        Check out my disc brake adapters to install 1994-2004 Mustang disc brakes on your Studebaker!!
        http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...bracket-update
        I have also written many TECH how to articles, do a search for my Forum name to find them

Comment

OH my God, NO! You have a GREAT chance in that, when hit by a Kenworth! [xx(]
          StudeRich
          Second Generation Stude Driver,
          Proud '54 Starliner Owner
          SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Working...
          X