Saying hi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saying hi

Hi all, im mostly a lurker here but sometimes get the urge to post. So I wanted to introduce myself. I have a 1957 Golden Hawk that I like to fiddle with and drive summers. Right now it is kinda pulled apart. (spring fix up fever) But will have it pulled back together again soon. I almost always find the answers I need here on the forum so keep it up! and thanks!
    Ted

sigpic1957 Golden Hawk

Hi Ted. A nice looking GHawk... now why would you be taking it apart??

<h5>Mark
    '57 Transtar Deluxe
    Vancouver Island

The NW Overdrive Tour in Parksville, BC
    May 23 & 24, 2009; check it out at -
    http://sdcvi.shawwebspace.ca/
    </h5>
    Mark Hayden
    '66 Commander

Comment

Hi! oh just getting things to work better. and fixing some things that didnt work at all. had a lot of mickey moused stuff when I got it. and painting bits and pieces. I do a little fix up at a time.
      sigpic1957 Golden Hawk

Comment

Looks sharp! I like the color.[]

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
        1963 Cruiser
        1960 Larkvertible V8
        1958 Provincial wagon
        1953 Commander coupe
        1957 President two door

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Ted, is that an oringnal G.H. colour? Are you still running the blower, for the hood hasn't got the inlay on it.Just curious,nice hawk.Brian.
          Brian Greenall
          Melbourne, OZ
          sigpic

Comment

1956 hood. nice lookin car. Are you a club member? If not, you should join. jimmijim
            sigpicAnything worth doing deserves your best shot. Do it right the first time. When you're done you will know it. { I'm just the guy who thinks he knows everything, my buddy is the guy who knows everything.} cheers jimmijim*****SDC***** member

Comment

ya I know the hood is wrong, I knew it would be mentioned. No it has a brand-x transplant. was like that when I got it. I do have the overlay still and will be putting it on next time its painted. The color is a brighter yellow than it looks in pic's. funny how people say they like the color, that's my biggest dislike about it. It was originally black with red fins. but I am going to do it white with red. Black would be nice but don't think im up for massaging the body panels to the point it would look good. White is more forgiving. has many other things not correct on it so I guess it would be considered a "modified"
              sigpic1957 Golden Hawk

Comment

Working...
              X