Looking at a GT Hawk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking at a GT Hawk

Tomorrow I'm going to look at a 62 Hawk. Does anyone have any advice on certain things to look for? It's going to take me about 9 hours to get there, so I want to be prepared to look it over.
    Thanks,
    Terry

1952 Commander Starlight
    Green Lake, WI

quote:Originally posted by terrymb

Tomorrow I'm going to look at a 62 Hawk. Does anyone have any advice on certain things to look for? It's going to take me about 9 hours to get there, so I want to be prepared to look it over.
    Thanks,
    Terry
    Tell us what town it is in, Terry, and there's good chance someone here may already know the car. No sense driving 9 hours if someone on the Forum could bring you up to speed on it. BP
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Sorry. Good idea. It's the one for sale in Rolla, MO in the current issue of TW. The car is being sold by the deceased owner's son. It was restored in 1996. He emailed me a couple pictures and it looks really nice in those.

1952 Commander Starlight
      Green Lake, WI

Comment

Terry, both your tel number and email address in the SDC are no longer valid. Would like to talk about purchasing a GT Hawk. Contact me at prbishop.buffalo.com.
        Peter Bishop

Comment

Terry do you mean different things to look for than how you would look at your Starlight?

Tim K.
          '64 R2 GT Hawk
          Tim K.
          \'64 R2 GT Hawk

Comment

Rust...

Back of the front fenders.
            'Hog Trough' boxes underneath the floor parallel to the door bottoms.
            Trunk bottom at edges.
            Bottom edge of trunk lid.
            Rubber welt trough in trunk area.
            Floorboards where feet go (right and left)
            Front body mount stands at firewall.
            --------------------
            Trunk aluminum overlay.
            Corroded?
            Pitted? Riveted on?

HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Terry. Get some one in the Rolla area to look at it before hand. Pictures lie. I just drove 3000 miles to look at a rust free car, the floor was fiberglass and bondo from toe board to rear trunk panel. Photos looked good.
              Klif

55 Speedster
              63 Avanti R2
              55 Speedster/Street Machine
              63 Avanti R2
              64 Convertible R1

Comment

quote:Originally posted by klifton1

Terry. Get some one in the Rolla area to look at it before hand. Pictures lie. I just drove 3000 miles to look at a rust free car, the floor was fiberglass and bondo from toe board to rear trunk panel. Photos looked good.
                Klif

55 Speedster
                63 Avanti R2
                I'd recommend this too, and I bet you could find an SDC'er near there. "My" seller sent me a lot of pictures; just none showing the worst areas.

Bill Pressler
                Kent, OH
                '63 Lark Daytona Skytop R1
                '64 Daytona Hardtop
                Bill Pressler
                Kent, OH
                (formerly Greenville, PA)
                Currently owned: 1966 Cruiser, Timberline Turquoise, 26K miles
                Formerly owned: 1963 Lark Daytona Skytop R1, Ermine White
                1964 Daytona Hardtop, Strato Blue
                1966 Daytona Sports Sedan, Niagara Blue Mist
                All are in Australia now