packard hawk mylar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• packard hawk mylar

Can any members inform me where I can obtain some gold mylar for my p.hawks fins. Regards Brian.
    Brian Greenall
    Melbourne, OZ
    sigpic

Back in the 90's, Roy Heckers in San Diego was advertising mylar, but I havent seen an ad from him in years. Perhaps someone in that area could post how he is or who else is handling it. Have you checked with S.I. or Studebakers Northwest?

60 Lark convertible
    61 Champ
    62 Daytona convertible
    63 G.T. R-2,4 speed
    63 Avanti (2)
    66 Daytona Sport Sedan
    59 Lark wagon, now V-8, H.D. auto!
    60 Lark convertible V-8 auto
    61 Champ 1/2 ton 4 speed
    62 Champ 3/4 ton 5 speed o/drive
    62 Champ 3/4 ton auto
    62 Daytona convertible V-8 4 speed & 62 Cruiser, auto.
    63 G.T. Hawk R-2,4 speed
    63 Avanti (2) R-1 auto
    64 Zip Van
    66 Daytona Sport Sedan(327)V-8 4 speed
    66 Cruiser V-8 auto

Comment

Hi Brian,
      Phantom Auto Works. Their website is www.phantomstudebakers.com .

Russ - Avon Park, Fl.
      '58 Packard Hawk
      3-speed/OD

Comment

Phantom has it and SI had it in their catalog till about two years ago. Phantom is pretty close to the original. You will have to cut and glue it yourself.
        Mike W.

Mike

Comment

quote:Originally posted by packardHawk58

Can any members inform me where I can obtain some gold mylar for my p.hawks fins. Regards Brian.
          It must be hard to come by, I sold enough for one PH for $1080 on ebay last year, but it was NOS.

JDP/Maryland
          JDP Maryland

Comment

Thanks guys, I did try Phantom and they want $300, that must be a good price considering what JDP sold his for.I will give Studie West a try since they supplied me the new wiring harness and they are good to deal with. I will post some photos of the resto on this P.Hawk, it is in very good shape, it was tucked away in a barn since 1965. It is mostly oringnal paint and no rust whatsoever. Thanks for your input. Brian.
            Brian Greenall
            Melbourne, OZ
            sigpic

Comment

Give me a shout when you get ready to install it and I'll try to give you some pointers on the best way to do this. You don't want to ruin a piece.
              John sent the pieces he had to me to be sure what he had. If I had known they would bring that kind of money I would still have them. LOL

Mike

Comment

By the way the 1957-58 Plymouth Fury has a gold mylar that is on the front fenders back to the rear. I have been told that its the same as the stuff used on the Packard Hawk. You might try finding where these guys get their gold mylar. Another problem you are going to encounter and the $300 stuff is not immune. The gold mylar will fade to a silver color. I know of nothing that will prevent it. Keeping the car out of the sun is not always an option. So in about five years it will need replacing again.

Mike

Comment

Thanks Mike for the tips, this is why I posted the request, I did not want to go and spend money on something that did not do the job. I will try and track down the Plymouth Mylar. Regards Brian.
                  Brian Greenall
                  Melbourne, OZ
                  sigpic

Comment

This is for John Poulos, due to the fact I just joined the forum I did not realise that was you John. My buddy just bought your green R2 Avanti that was on ebay and we are freighting it out of Houston this week. Small world. Brian.
                    Brian Greenall
                    Melbourne, OZ
                    sigpic

Comment

It seems all my project cars are leaving the USA. It would seem to me that the overseas buyers would want done cars, but they seem to buy the projects. The wagon going to Europe is another example.

JDP/Maryland
                      JDP Maryland

Comment

John, in your view are all the blown cars eg. R2 Lark hardtops, R2 superhawks on the rise, because they sell on ebay very quickly and for good money in times where the economy is down. Do you have any blown cars for sale at the moment? Regards Brian.
                        Brian Greenall
                        Melbourne, OZ
                        sigpic

Comment

quote:Originally posted by packardHawk58

John, in your view are all the blown cars eg. R2 Lark hardtops, R2 superhawks on the rise, because they sell on ebay very quickly and for good money in times where the economy is down. Do you have any blown cars for sale at the moment? Regards Brian.

Yes I do. Here's one going on ebay shortly:

JDP/Maryland
                          JDP Maryland

Comment

John, considering a R2 Lark Hardtop or 64 GT Hawk R2 not scared of a project if you should come across anything, drop me a line.
                            Brian Greenall
                            Melbourne, OZ
                            sigpic

Comment

John, considering a R2 Lark Hardtop or 64 GT Hawk R2 not scared of a project if you should come across anything, drop me a line.
                              Brian Greenall
                              Melbourne, OZ
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X