No announcement yet.

Wednesday Eye Candy,a bit different...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wednesday Eye Candy,a bit different...

The recent passing of Hank Henry,the last of the "Dirty Dozen",had me thinking about this letter. I went to an estate sale that advertised Studebaker stuff. It was all gone by the time I got there,but the son remembered an old letter inside and asked if I would be interested.Without lnowing what it was,I said yes and for $20 bucks it was mine.I have no idea how many actually remain.I cannot imagine the despair and depression associated with it.Looking at the date on it,and reading it makes me kind of sad. But it is what it is.Somr of you from ALT/AUTOS forum have already seen it,but here it is again for the rest of you.

Clear, compassionate, direct and simple. Never seen it before and I appreciate your sharing it with us here... particularly now. I'm not all that big on "good old days" nostalgia (with a few notable exceptions, all of them sitting on four or more inflatable tires) but somehow I just can't imagine ANYBODY in today's automobile manufacturing megaconglomerates giving a fig about anyone's @$$ but their own, much less taking the time to sit down and dictate a letter like this one. Whatever happened to class?

Keoni Dibelka / HiloFoto
    In Hawai'i; on Hawai'i; on the Windward Side
    If da salt air never chew 'em up bumbye da lava will...

Comment

Wow, that was a very well writen letter. I wonder how he felt writing out a " death notice" and sending it?

Dylan Wills

'61 lark deluxe 4 door wagon
      Dylan Wills
      Everett, Wa.

1961 Lark 4 door wagon
      1961 Lark 4 door wagon #2 (Wife's car!)
      1955 VW Beetle (Went to the dark side)
      1914 Ford Model T

Comment

Working...
      X