An OOPS listing :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An OOPS listing :)

I saw this one this morning before work; thought it was a good deal, and wanted to post it, but didn't have time:

Ended early with BIN, but now it's back- with a slightly higher BIN[:I]:

Now THAT's what I call appreciation in an investment's value

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
    Parish, central NY 13131

"Some people live for the rules, I live for exceptions"- 311

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

He does say in the listing that an "overseas scammer" hit the BIN, so he's relisted it higher but will entertain offers.

Mark Anderson
    Member SDC and FMCA
    Keeper of the Studebaker Cruiser Registry

Comment

Bob, after reading his reason for the change, maybe it makes sense. I have a feeling that if you rolled into his yard with $850, you could haul it home.
      John Clary
      Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

I just figured it was an honest mistake- like he forgot to proofread his price the first time[:I]

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
        Parish, central NY 13131

"Some people live for the rules, I live for exceptions"- 311

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

Comment

If somebody hit the BIN at $850. on the original auction, wouldn't he have to abide by Ebay's sellers contract?

[img=left]http://farm1.static.flickr.com/158/360197307_8639ee4a46_m.jpg[/img=left]
          ~Nitram~
          57 Transtar

Comment

Probably not, if ebay threw the buyer (scammer) out and canceled his account. [^]

The new ad has the "Make Offer" option, that way he could still sell it for $800.00-$1000.00, that could work, it looks quite restorable.

StudeRich at Studebakers Northwest -Ferndale,WA
            StudeRich
            Second Generation Stude Driver,
            Proud '54 Starliner Owner
            SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Working...
            X