Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possible good donor shell

If it's as solid as it appears:

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
    Parish, central NY 13131

"Some people live for the rules, I live for exceptions"- 311

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

Boy, talk about junk in the trunk!!

Jamie McLeod
    Hope Mills, NC
    Jamie McLeod
    Hope Mills, NC

1963 Lark "Ugly Betty"
    1958 Commander "Christine"
    1964 Wagonaire "Louise"
    1955 Commander Sedan
    1964 Champ
    1960 Lark

Comment

Some kids just LOVE to take things apart, don't they? [:0]

Too bad they are not usually as good at putting back together!
      StudeRich
      Second Generation Stude Driver,
      Proud '54 Starliner Owner
      SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

No Vehicle Purchasers Protection Program? Well that puts a stop to my bidding. LOL
        It would be nice if they would clean all of the junk out so you could actually see the floors.
        R2Andy
        R2Andrea

Comment

I agree about the junk. But, that's what caught my eye. It could be a very solid donor body hidden by buyer indifference. If somebody needed one and wasn't too far away where they could go take a look, it might be a really good deal!

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
          Parish, central NY 13131

"Some people live for the rules, I live for exceptions"- 311

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

Comment

quote:Originally posted by StudeRich

Some kids just LOVE to take things apart, don't they? [:0]

Too bad they are not usually as good at putting back together!
            Rich, I know exactly what you are talking about.!!! NT

Neil Thornton
            Hazlehurst, GA
            '57 Silver Hawk
            '56 Sky Hawk
            '51 2R16 dump truck
            Many others.

Neil Thornton

Comment

Oh great, first the Des Moines Craigslist cars now this. That's just a little over 100 miles from me. Good thing the rear end went out on my '55 and I'm going to be broke for awhile or I'd be driving down there to take a look at that one. Can't have too many C bodies LOL. '53 Champion? Just a guess from the 6 cyl. manifold in the trunk and the emblem outline...... I'm practicing my old Stude ID skills. How'd I do?

Analog man in a digital world.

Comment

My guess is someone bought it for the front clip and this is what is left. If the front fenders were in good enough shape, a good chance the floor and rear qtrs on the rest of it are not too bad either. The pictures are small but the bottom of the A posts and front lower corner of the kickpanel on the outside look pretty clean. If a person had the missing parts, could be a good project car, or a good shell to rebody another as you say. There has got to be a lot of good parts left too. The trunk lid looks pretty straight for sure. Based on the trim holes on that, its either a "late" '53 or a '54. I think most of the junk in the car are the small parts from the car. I see a blower motor, and possibly some of the engine parts. The garnish mouldings for the windows are there too. I agree, too bad they didn't clear away the front floor pans for a clear shot of those.

Jeff in ND

'53 Champion Hardtop

Jeff in ND

Comment

hippie, That would be my guess as well. But, you never know what little treasures may be hiding in that pile...

sals54
                  sals54

Comment

I know it's just precautionary, but that disclaimer cracks me up. Wonder if the seller's gotten any E-mails asking if he can drive it home if they're the winning bidder![xx(]

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                    1963 Cruiser
                    1960 Larkvertible V8
                    1958 Provincial wagon
                    1953 Commander coupe
                    1957 President two door

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

He says it has a small amount of floor rust and he's going to post pics. He denotes it as a 53.

Comment

Working...
                      X