This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are our Washington State friends OK?

I saw the news of the terrible storm in Washington State and I was wondering if our Washington State members and their cars are OK. I haven't seen Dick Steinkamp post tonight. I am not sure who else is from Washington.

Leonard Shepherd, editor, The Commanding Leader, Central Virginia Chapter, http://centralvirginiachapter.org/

I live in Vancouver, B.C., north of Seattle. We got hit with the same storm, although I think the winds were higher in Seattle. Trees are down everywhere, and we have been without power since 3 am - they may not get it restored until Monday. I may have to work at the office this weekend, just to stay warm!

John
    John
    1953 Commander Coupe
    1954 Champion Sedan
    1963 Lark

Comment

I live in Vancouver, B.C., north of Seattle. We got hit with the same storm, although I think the winds were higher in Seattle. Trees are down everywhere, and we have been without power since 3 am - they may not get it restored until Monday. I may have to work at the office this weekend, just to stay warm!

John
      John
      1953 Commander Coupe
      1954 Champion Sedan
      1963 Lark

Comment

I understand much power is out.

Comment

I understand much power is out.

Comment

Glad everyone is OK. Hopfully nobody's cars/trucks will suffer any damage. (Well, the owners too I suppose. [)])

A couple of years ago when one of the hurricanes hit Florida, a big Oak tree fell on one of Dr. Cade's buildings with his cars in it. The tree came VERY close to hitting his first Stude of his current colloction, the '51 Champ, as well as a '48 Commander and something else I can't remember. They were without power for 2 weeks or so.
            Must be pretty tough; I've not been alive long enough to experience something like that. (Thank goodness!)

Here's a story of a storm that took out a couple of Chuck Lampman's cars.

(Caution! If you're an Avanti II lover, be prepared!)

Matthew Burnette
            Hazlehurst, Georgia
            '59 Scotsman PU
            '63 Daytona HT

Blogger is a blog publishing tool from Google for easily sharing your thoughts with the world. Blogger makes it simple to post text, photos and video onto your personal or team blog.

Comment

Glad everyone is OK. Hopfully nobody's cars/trucks will suffer any damage. (Well, the owners too I suppose. [)])

A couple of years ago when one of the hurricanes hit Florida, a big Oak tree fell on one of Dr. Cade's buildings with his cars in it. The tree came VERY close to hitting his first Stude of his current colloction, the '51 Champ, as well as a '48 Commander and something else I can't remember. They were without power for 2 weeks or so.
              Must be pretty tough; I've not been alive long enough to experience something like that. (Thank goodness!)

Here's a story of a storm that took out a couple of Chuck Lampman's cars.

(Caution! If you're an Avanti II lover, be prepared!)

Matthew Burnette
              Hazlehurst, Georgia
              '59 Scotsman PU
              '63 Daytona HT

Blogger is a blog publishing tool from Google for easily sharing your thoughts with the world. Blogger makes it simple to post text, photos and video onto your personal or team blog.

Comment

News was saying a million people without power, so Dick S. is quite likely one of them. On the west side of Puget Sound in Bremerton we suffered basically no damage. Here in town we didn't lose power, out in the county some did. The east side of Puget Sound got the worst of it. That has a lot to do with basic weather patterns, flowing from west to east. If you are under the cover of some mountains on the west, you'll probably have it easier than those east of you. Same thing happens in Phoenix, in the Valley of the Sun.

[img] http://home.comcast.net/~jdwain/63.63.jpg [/img]
                Dwain G.
                Restorations by Skip Towne

Comment

News was saying a million people without power, so Dick S. is quite likely one of them. On the west side of Puget Sound in Bremerton we suffered basically no damage. Here in town we didn't lose power, out in the county some did. The east side of Puget Sound got the worst of it. That has a lot to do with basic weather patterns, flowing from west to east. If you are under the cover of some mountains on the west, you'll probably have it easier than those east of you. Same thing happens in Phoenix, in the Valley of the Sun.

[img] http://home.comcast.net/~jdwain/63.63.jpg [/img]
                  Dwain G.
                  Restorations by Skip Towne

Comment

No probs here in Bellingham. I think the folks to the south got hit harder. Relatives in Puyallup and Gig Harbor were without power but with plenty of firewood in their yards . Glad to hear Dwain, John, and Mike are fine too. Mike, I talked to your dad tonight and he's OK.

I was too busy working on Studebakers to post today .

Thanks for the concern.

Dick Steinkamp
                    Bellingham, WA
                    Dick Steinkamp
                    Bellingham, WA

Comment

No probs here in Bellingham. I think the folks to the south got hit harder. Relatives in Puyallup and Gig Harbor were without power but with plenty of firewood in their yards . Glad to hear Dwain, John, and Mike are fine too. Mike, I talked to your dad tonight and he's OK.

I was too busy working on Studebakers to post today .

Thanks for the concern.

Dick Steinkamp
                      Bellingham, WA
                      Dick Steinkamp
                      Bellingham, WA

Comment

Glad to hear that all (so far) have gotten through okay!!!
                        Anyone hear from Art, Brian or Glen? James (aka 'diesel') did you make it okay?
                        Now here come the calls offering you guys the 'parts cars' that didn't make it, eh?

StudeDave [8D]
                        V/P San Diego County SDC
                        San Diego, Ca

'54 Commander 4dr 'Ruby'
                        '57 Parkview (it's a 2dr wagon...) 'Betsy'
                        '57 Commander 2dr 'Baby'
                        '57 Champion 2dr 'Jewel'
                        '58 Packard sedan 'Cleo'
                        '65 Cruiser 'Sweet Pea'
                        StudeDave '57
                        US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
                        SDC Member since 1985

past President
                        Whatcom County Chapter SDC
                        San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
                        San Diego Chapter SDC
                        North Florida Chapter SDC

Comment

Glad to hear that all (so far) have gotten through okay!!!
                          Anyone hear from Art, Brian or Glen? James (aka 'diesel') did you make it okay?
                          Now here come the calls offering you guys the 'parts cars' that didn't make it, eh?

StudeDave [8D]
                          V/P San Diego County SDC
                          San Diego, Ca

'54 Commander 4dr 'Ruby'
                          '57 Parkview (it's a 2dr wagon...) 'Betsy'
                          '57 Commander 2dr 'Baby'
                          '57 Champion 2dr 'Jewel'
                          '58 Packard sedan 'Cleo'
                          '65 Cruiser 'Sweet Pea'
                          StudeDave '57
                          US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
                          SDC Member since 1985

past President
                          Whatcom County Chapter SDC
                          San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
                          San Diego Chapter SDC
                          North Florida Chapter SDC

Comment

On the eastern side of the state we had 56 mph at a nearby airport.
                            Unlike the storm before Thanksgiving, where we lost a tree, no damage at my place. Thank goodness.
                            Others were not as fortunate.

63 Avanti R1 2788
                            1914 Stutz Bearcat
                            (George Barris replica)

Washington State
                            63 Avanti R1 2788
                            1914 Stutz Bearcat
                            (George Barris replica)

Washington State

Comment

On the eastern side of the state we had 56 mph at a nearby airport.
                              Unlike the storm before Thanksgiving, where we lost a tree, no damage at my place. Thank goodness.
                              Others were not as fortunate.

63 Avanti R1 2788
                              1914 Stutz Bearcat
                              (George Barris replica)

Washington State
                              63 Avanti R1 2788
                              1914 Stutz Bearcat
                              (George Barris replica)

Washington State

Comment

Working...
                              X