MotorWeek 4/4/09

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MotorWeek 4/4/09

This morning's "MotorWeek" TV show had a good segment on the Professional Car Society National Meet. They showed 1954 and 1955 Studebaker Ambulets side by side. They mentioned how rare this was. They talked to Jeff Beyer, the owner of the 1955 Ambulet, two times during the piece. I remember, many years ago, when Jeff, as a teenager, purchased his Ambulet. The MotorWeek show may be seen at other times in other areas. I think that it can also be seen online. The show number is 2831. That should help to get you to the correct show.

Gary L.
    Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
    Studebaker enthusiast much longer
    Gary L.
    Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
    Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Funny you should mention that ambulet, I just found some old TW yesterday and the feature article was about the 60 lark 2 door ambulets and panel wagon options. I didn't even know those options existed. Actually don't quote me on the years but I think it ws 60'. The panel wagon option looked pretty cool I wonderif there are any of those still floating aroun anywhere?

John

53' 2R5 R1 Powershift TT Under Construction

57' Transtar 304 NP540 4:09 TT Under Construction (in Picture)

58' 3E6D Stock Sale Pending

61' 6E7 122 Factory Auto

John

62' Deluxe R2 4SPD.

63' R1 Wagonaire

57' Transtar 259 punched to 312 NP540 4:09 TT Under Construction

58' 3E6D Stock 4X4

64' (Studebaker Built) Trailer Toter

Comment

I remember a few South Bend meets ago when Dennis at Sasco had metal panels to make an 'ambulet' out of your Lark wagon. I forget how much they were but I recall being interested.

Comment

Don't recall exactly where I lifted these pics from but would bet Mr. Quinn could point us right to it. Please speak up if they're yours, and thank you.

Seems to me I also saw a customized '60 Lark Panel for sale in Australia about six months ago, but can't find any pictures of it now.

Keoni Dibelka / HiloFoto
        In Hawai'i; on Hawai'i; on the Windward Side
        If da salt air never chew 'em up bumbye da lava will...

Comment

Thanks, Gary.

I'll be looking for it.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by 289stude

Funny you should mention that ambulet, I just found some old TW yesterday and the feature article was about the 60 lark 2 door ambulets and panel wagon options./Cut/
            I would think that they were most likely '59's as these shown here in Keoni's later post, because in 1960 they could have used a better suited Wagon, the 4 Dr. Lark.
            StudeRich
            Second Generation Stude Driver,
            Proud '54 Starliner Owner
            SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Working...
            X