Show Quality 55 Connie is back

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Show Quality 55 Connie is back

Seller says, "POSSIBLY THE NICEST 2 DR WAGON ON THE PLANET INCREDIBLE"... might be, I don't know- but he could probably say that about the Planet Earth as well!

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
    Parish, central NY 13131

"Some people live for the rules, I live for exceptions"- 311

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

Very nice! Too bad it's a six......

Chip
    '63 Cruiser daily driver
    '57 Packard wagon almost on the road!
    Chip
    '63 Cruiser
    '57 Packard wagon
    '61 Lark Regal 4 dr wagon
    '50 Commander 4 dr sedan

Comment

Looks like an early 55 with the flat windshield, nice, a friend in our Chapter has the same car same color and nice always holds it own at car shows, try and find another....Bob Peterson
      Candbstudebakers
      Castro Valley,
      California

Comment

Looks great. Very likely always a Florida or deep south car. No heater. Looks like no overdrive as well. Otherwise, it appears to be a terrific little grocery hauler!

John Clary
        Greer, SC

I have only two limitations ...BRAINS & ENERGY
        SDC member since 1975
        John Clary
        Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

that dash is not right... and also something I would have never thought of... but it looks good.

I'd have been tempted to drop in a 289 though... seems a lot of effort to put into a six.

nate

--
          55 Commander Starlight
          --
          55 Commander Starlight
          http://members.cox.net/njnagel

Comment

Why is it the happy half dozen cars are always put down?

Joseph R. Zeiger
            Joseph R. Zeiger

Comment

The wagon looks nice, but I have a problem with the seller. I see more and more of these documentation/processing fees in eBay listings. They are usually $25 to $75. This guy has an added fee of $299. I think that what you bid on eBay should be what you pay. You shouldn't have to tack on another 299 dollars.

Gary L.
              Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
              Studebaker enthusiast much longer
              Gary L.
              Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968

Comment

Nice wagon not exactly correct but well done, the spare tire wheel well should be body color not interior color. the dash looks nice altho not correct. I could live with the 6 engine, they are tough. I'm very interested in what the outcome will be, since i own a one also, a V-8 automatic and original paint. The processing fee ($299)would tick me off enough to pass on it.

101st Airborne Div. 326 Engineers Ft Campbell Ky.

Comment

I wonder why it has '56 tail light lenses [?] [?] [?]

StudeDave '57 [8D]
                  d'oh [:0]
                  StudeDave '57
                  US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
                  SDC Member since 1985

past President
                  Whatcom County Chapter SDC
                  San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
                  San Diego Chapter SDC
                  North Florida Chapter SDC

Comment

quote:Originally posted by studegary

The wagon looks nice, but I have a problem with the seller. I see more and more of these documentation/processing fees in eBay listings. They are usually $25 to $75. This guy has an added fee of $299. I think that what you bid on eBay should be what you pay. You shouldn't have to tack on another 299 dollars.

Gary L.
                    Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                    Gary, I have purchased two vehicles out of Florida from two different people from opposite ends of the state (P-Cola and Miami), both transactions had that $300 fee. Both sellers were dealers and the fee was a Florida fee they have to collect.
                    Bill

Bill, Many Fords and one great Stude!

Comment

I live in Florida and I don't think it is a state mandated fee like on tires and batteries (although I am not sure of that). The cynic in me thinks it is just additional profit. I will see if I can verify that.

Don

Comment

It was very nicely redone. Granted there are a few aspects that are not original, but it still looks nice.

57 & 58 Packards
                        62 Daytona
                        63 R2 Lark

Comment

Ende at $14,235, reserve not met. Must be the shipping cost from the Planet Incredible to Planet Earth killed it[)]

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
                          Parish, central NY 13131

"Some people live for the rules, I live for exceptions"- 311

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

Comment

Working...
                          X