1959 Studebaker Pickup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1959 Studebaker Pickup

Hi all, I've got a 1959 Studebaker scottsman Pickup. I used to have a bunch of paper work but have moved several times and can't find it. The truck has a 259 V-8 but all I can find on the internet about these are six cylinder engines. Does anyone have any idea about these trucks?

Big Ben

Ben, I think there's someone on this forum that's keeping a roster of Scotsman pickups. Yes, they could be had a with a V8.

There's also the Studebaker Truck Talk forum for info.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
    1963 Cruiser
    1960 Larkvertible V8
    1958 Provincial wagon
    1953 Commander coupe
    1957 President two door

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Yes Ben I have a 59 Scottsman Deluxe it was ordered new with a V8 4 spd deluxe package which included the chrome hood ornament, and fiberglass grill. it also has the factory curb side fender (spare holder) and full swing down rear bumper.

Go to Studebaker Truck Talk and page Frank Drumheller he holds the Scottsman Registry and can answer all you questions and decifer you vin# for you.

Are you a Studebaker Truck Farmer I am the keeper of the club if you want to join let me know. It's free for all who want to help promote and educate others about Studebaker trucks.

John

53' 2R5 R1 Powershift TT Under Construction

57' Transtar 304 NP540 4:09 TT Under Construction (in Picture)

58' 3E6D Stock Sale Pending

61' 6E7 122 Factory Auto

John

62' Deluxe R2 4SPD.

63' R1 Wagonaire

57' Transtar 259 punched to 312 NP540 4:09 TT Under Construction

58' 3E6D Stock 4X4

64' (Studebaker Built) Trailer Toter

Comment

Ben - The December 1988 copy of Turning Wheels has a great article all about the Scotsman pickups of 1958/59 and the December 1997 edition of TW has an article all about the 1959 trucks - both Deluxe and Scotsman.

Both are an excellent resource for you to have to find out all about your truck.

Note that there is a lot of discussion about the 6 cyl, models especially because in 1958, they were only available with the small (Champion) 6. In 1959, as Mr. Biggs pointed out, they could be had with the Champion 6 the Commander ("big" six) or the 259 V8.

Welcome aboard!

<h5>Mark
        '57 Transtar Deluxe
        Vancouver Island

The NW Overdrive Tour in Parksville, BC
        May 23 & 24, 2009; check it out at -
        http://sdcvi.shawwebspace.ca/
        </h5>
        Mark Hayden
        '66 Commander

Comment

My next to last pickup was/is a 1959 Scotsman DeLuxe. The last that I knew, the guy that I sold it to had it for sale.

Gary L.
          Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
          Studebaker enthusiast much longer
          Gary L.
          Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
          Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Working...
          X